• 137(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
In the skin settings under advanced.. Navigation style for horizontal lists.. Set to fixed..
Thanks tmaru worked a treat Smile
BigNoid,

Is it possible to randomize playlist fanart backgrounds? This has been asked many times but hasn't gotten a response.
(2014-08-05, 01:48)Warner306 Wrote: BigNoid,

Is it possible to randomize playlist fanart backgrounds? This has been asked many times but hasn't gotten a response.

Its possible by setting the playlist sort order to random. Easiest to make a copy of the original and edit that.
Just updated to Gotham 13.1, redownloaded Aeon Nox from the official (default) addons menu in xbmc. It has downloaded 'Aeon Nox 5.1.3 (redux)

It's pretty good but there's a couple options I can't find anymore.

I want to tweak:

1) the overall size of the main menu bar on home screen (I find it too large now)
2) I want to reduce the size/remove the submenus of it
3) I want to disable infinite scrolling on the home screen (and wherever else I can) to stop it looping back to the first menu item. -most important for me on the home screen (I like a beginning and end).
4) List view: any way to enable slimlist so I can fit more items on screen? This skin is nice but seems overall a bit on the inflated side -most things looking a bit too big for the 10ft experience.

Are these things possible with this version? Thanks.
1 and 2 no.
3)In advanced skin settings change navigation style for horizontal menus to fixed
4)in same screen list view layout to slim list
(2014-08-05, 09:23)BigNoid Wrote:
(2014-08-05, 01:48)Warner306 Wrote: BigNoid,

Its possible by setting the playlist sort order to random. Easiest to make a copy of the original and edit that.

Thanks,

I gave it a try and it works as you described.

So, to summarize, to have random fanart background display in the menu for a video playlist:

1. Choose "Video Playlist" as the preferred background.
  2. Set the "Sort by" option for the playlist to "Random."
  3. Set the "Group by" option to "Default."
If you don't want the actual playlist to sort randomly, change the sort option within the playlist to your preference by accessing the side menu and changing the options as desired.

You can also do as BigNoid described and create a second version of the playlist that sorts randomly without altering the original.
Hello,

I've tried modifying the ShowCase view in Aeon Nox. The look I want is only to have the posters showing in a coverflow and the fanart in the background.

But I get gradient effects and I can't figure out how to get rid of those gradients.

Here is a picture showing what i mean (I've pointed out the gradient effect with two red arrows):

(2014-08-06, 04:24)ops38jga Wrote: Hello,

I've tried modifying the ShowCase view in Aeon Nox. The look I want is only to have the posters showing in a coverflow and the fanart in the background.

But I get gradient effects and I can't figure out how to get rid of those gradients.

Here is a picture showing what i mean (I've pointed out the gradient effect with two red arrows):

That should be located in the IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml, just search for vignette.png. There should be two image controls, one for each side.
(2014-08-06, 10:08)Steveb Wrote:
(2014-08-06, 04:24)ops38jga Wrote: Hello,

That should be located in the IncludesBackgroundBuilding.xml, just search for vignette.png. There should be two image controls, one for each side.

Thank you very much for the help. Nod
I love this skin!

I'm not sure why, but the video playlist background and widget are kind of slow to load... For example my 400 movies list, set with random movies fanart and widget set to random movies load faster than a custom menu (Documentaries) which only has a 100 items in it. As if it wouldn't cache or something.

Not that it really matters, but it would be cool to have infoline for video playlist as well.

Thanks for your work BigNoid!
(2014-07-21, 19:42)Vaikin Wrote: DialogSeekBar.xml

Line 100 or so: <label>$INFO[Player.Time]$INFO[Player.Duration, / ]</label>
change to: <label>$INFO[Player.Time]$INFO[Player.TimeRemaining, / ]</label>

Edit:
Might wanna fiddle with it for it to make more sense.
like: <label>$INFO[Player.TimeRemaining] of $INFO[Player.Duration]</label>
Could you by any change also tell me how to add season number and eposide number to the title on the left in the seekbar?
Something odd is going on lately. Nox is showing tv series that have no files/episodes in the folder, and showing that there are unwatched episodes when there aren't any in there. The even weirder thing is I have set up some folders for tv shows that have not even aired yet (The Knick), and it's showing 3 unwatched episodes. When I select it there is just a blank folder. I've removed and added the folder to XBMC multiple times but doesn't fix the problem.

For example, right now it says there are 17 unwatched episodes of Banshee and 2 seasons, but there's nothing in the folder and hasn't been for months!
@tayhiti: I would like to have infolines too for playlists, but its technically not possible without the use of scripts.

@StinDaWg: On the skin side you can check the advanced setting for watched/unwatched overlays. Make sure they are set the way you want (on rare occasions this setting can reset).
Default Xbmc scans every show that has a folder in your tvshows folder to the library, even if thers nothing in the folder. So to me it sounds like your advancedsettings.xml has lost the line hideemptyseries.
(2014-08-09, 15:04)BigNoid Wrote: @StinDaWg: On the skin side you can check the advanced setting for watched/unwatched overlays. Make sure they are set the way you want (on rare occasions this setting can reset).
Default Xbmc scans every show that has a folder in your tvshows folder to the library, even if thers nothing in the folder. So to me it sounds like your advancedsettings.xml has lost the line hideemptyseries.
It's still there, but it's not working anymore...

Code:
<advancedsettings>
<videolibrary>
    <backgroundupdate>true</backgroundupdate>
    <cleanonupdate>true</cleanonupdate>
    <hideemptyseries>true</hideemptyseries>
</videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>

The numbers don't match up even for the shows I do have files in. It says I have 9 episodes of Legends (2014) when only one has aired so far. It says I have 4 episodes of Better Call Saul when the show doesn't even air until next year. I just noticed this happening a couple weeks ago. I haven't changed anything on my setup.

I started a new thread here.
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=201771
  • 137(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537