• 138(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Uhm how do I change the view / layout of widgets? Sorry if it's been asked
(2014-07-10, 13:01)GnFlala Wrote: Very nice skin and much better for low powered equipment like the one I have in comparison with version/.

Is it possible for me to change the volume bar value (from DB to %) to have the skin go with my yatse android remote control, and be much more easy in my wife head? She keeps complaining that this DB thing is something she cannot understand.
If someone knows what file I will have to edit for this change, I would please him for a hint.

Hi All,

I'd also like to find an answer to this but I'm aware that somewhere someone has answered with a flat no, sorry can't remember where I saw it now. Would this be something that can be written into an update?

I have had a little look around some of the XML files in the skin 1080i folder to see if I can find a starting point. I have found references to [Info]Player.Volume[\Info] (or something close to that). I'm not a very experienced coder but I can logically work out the XML code a little. Wondered if this could be a starting point for someone with more know how? Also, after googling for a few hours have seen, in other skins, people talking about changing SNRdb to SNR but haven't found this string in any XML files I've looked in.

If it will be in an update I'm happy to wait, but if its a reasonable tweak to a couple of files would like pointing in the right direction.

This is not a criticism of the skin, I think the skins great and have always used aeon nox for xbmc as it's so bloody good! Just like tweaking things to my own needs.

Any ideas welcome

Cheers guys, keep up the great work!
OK so now understand Player.Volume is an infolabel, still not sure where its pulling the info from as xbmc wiki says "Player.Volume-Current volume (between 0 and 100%)" so where does the dB come in? But have found SNR references in VideoFullscreen.XML, like I say I'm no coder but willing to have a go!
The only way I know to replace the dB with a percentage (there may well be an easier way - there often is when I go to silly lengths like I did for this...) is with a variable, where each value is chosen against the Player.Volume. I actually wrote a quick script to generate the full list, because it's very long, but it goes something like this:

Code:
<variable name="volume">
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-60.0)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.9)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.8)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.7)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.6)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.5)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.4)">1%</value>

Then replace the relevant <label/> in DialogVolumeBar.xml with

Code:
<label>$VAR[volume]</label>

I won't post the full list of variables here, because it really is huge. If it would be of use to you, let me know and I'll PM you a copy.
(2014-08-10, 18:33)KrissO Wrote: Uhm how do I change the view / layout of widgets? Sorry if it's been asked

You can't. I believe this was a design choice to improve the speed of the skin.
Genius! That's done the trick, lovely. I put the label in DialogMuteBug.xml and it resulted in the first digit showing when I pressed mute instead of the mute symbol (i.e. volume at 73%, press mute and a 7 is where the mute symbol was). Took the label back out of DialogMuteBug.xml and alls perfect!

I agree with Unfledged that its a large bit of code to insert into variables.xml so if anyone else knows of a more elegant way of doing it I'm all ears, still .....

Thank you very much Unfledged you've solved my last issue with the skin (for now!)

(2014-08-11, 00:29)Unfledged Wrote: The only way I know to replace the dB with a percentage (there may well be an easier way - there often is when I go to silly lengths like I did for this...) is with a variable, where each value is chosen against the Player.Volume. I actually wrote a quick script to generate the full list, because it's very long, but it goes something like this:

Code:
<variable name="volume">
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-60.0)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.9)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.8)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.7)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.6)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.5)">0%</value>
    <value condition="SubString(Player.Volume,-59.4)">1%</value>

Then replace the relevant <label/> in DialogVolumeBar.xml with

Code:
<label>$VAR[volume]</label>

I won't post the full list of variables here, because it really is huge. If it would be of use to you, let me know and I'll PM you a copy.
I'm trying to play 3D files in Aeon Nox 5 and i get a popup menu asking me if i want sbs and so on but my tv doesn't react and auto change to sbs. Do i have to manually change the tv or am i doing something wrong.
After the guide to change db in volume bar to % (really thanks for this solution) the last problems i have are

1. In subtitles download screen, the size of fonts is huge. I can just see 4 or 5 subs (or lines if you prefer).

2. In subtitles download screen, if i want to change the service i am downloading subtitles i have to press two times right (the first gets me to up and down bar, while the second press gets me to subs services). If there is a way to move the up down bar to the left of the window, i will have on the left up down bar, in the middle subs, and on the right subs services.

3. while playing something, if i get the on screen menu to appear (play, pause, sound settings, visual settings, subs, etc.) i only have icons, and it is not easy to find what you want. Can i have names under the icons?

4. while playing something, if i get the on screen menu to appear, then close it and reopen it, the skin always gets me to the play as default selected, even if i had subtitles downloads selected the first time i closed it. It does not remember the last position it was. That is ok if you are working with a mouse but lets say you are not and you have a remote (either a true or an ios/android). If i get to download subtitles, and the subtitles are wrong, and i reopen the on screen controls to download new ones, i have to go right 4 or 5 times, because it does not remember the last position i was before.

Thanks in advance.
(2014-08-11, 20:36)voyagerxp Wrote: I'm trying to play 3D files in Aeon Nox 5 and i get a popup menu asking me if i want sbs and so on but my tv doesn't react and auto change to sbs. Do i have to manually change the tv or am i doing something wrong.

Not sure if thats a skin issue...

(2014-08-13, 10:13)GnFlala Wrote: After the guide to change db in volume bar to % (really thanks for this solution) the last problems i have are

1. In subtitles download screen, the size of fonts is huge. I can just see 4 or 5 subs (or lines if you prefer).

2. In subtitles download screen, if i want to change the service i am downloading subtitles i have to press two times right (the first gets me to up and down bar, while the second press gets me to subs services). If there is a way to move the up down bar to the left of the window, i will have on the left up down bar, in the middle subs, and on the right subs services.

3. while playing something, if i get the on screen menu to appear (play, pause, sound settings, visual settings, subs, etc.) i only have icons, and it is not easy to find what you want. Can i have names under the icons?

4. while playing something, if i get the on screen menu to appear, then close it and reopen it, the skin always gets me to the play as default selected, even if i had subtitles downloads selected the first time i closed it. It does not remember the last position it was. That is ok if you are working with a mouse but lets say you are not and you have a remote (either a true or an ios/android). If i get to download subtitles, and the subtitles are wrong, and i reopen the on screen controls to download new ones, i have to go right 4 or 5 times, because it does not remember the last position i was before.

Thanks in advance.
to all questions: yes Wink
To change you have to dig in the code though. All of that is in VideoOSD.xml and DialogSubtitles.xml. Have a look in the code, change it and if you're stuck post that back here.
(2014-08-11, 20:36)voyagerxp Wrote: I'm trying to play 3D files in Aeon Nox 5 and i get a popup menu asking me if i want sbs and so on but my tv doesn't react and auto change to sbs. Do i have to manually change the tv or am i doing something wrong.

This isn't really a skin issue, but XBMC will not directly control your tv mode. However, there are a few scripts that have been developed for specific brands of tv's (rather experimental IMHO). If you post this question to the general forum you may have some luck. Make sure you include your tv make and model info.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
Hi there,

Is there a way to get the bar up top while on Fullscreen Music Visualization to show time and date like Aeon Nox 4.1.9? I really miss that.

Also, has anyone figured out how to show Artist Logos? I do miss the music visualization from 4.1.9, but Nox 5 is a lot smoother in everyway.

Thanks
Hi

I am coming to Aeon Nox 5 on Gotham after having used 4.0.9 on Frodo for a while. One option I really liked in the old version was the infowall view for episodes in TV shows. That is icons on left with Plot info and Fanart on right. Is there anyway to get that back in version 5?

Thanks in advance for any help.
Hello BigNoid, I am a newbee, have Aeon Nox 5 working on my pc in XBMC but can't find it anywhere in the gotham OpenElec add ons for the raspberry.

I am about to go crazy after visiting all websites. What do I do wrong?

Please help, I like the skin very much!

ans also support Ajax Tongue
Been playing around with Kodi and have noticed that with Nox 5 my library won't update (existing or new database) if my source is the root of my drive/s (Windows). Isn't a problem with confluence so thought I'd see if anyone else was using kodi and had a similar issue.

xbmc log shows;

T:2360 WARNING: VIDEO::CVideoInfoScanner:Tonguerocess directory 'F:\' does not exist - skipping scan.

It's also the same for another drive that has folders in it's root containing TV Shows.
Can i get some help, when i wanted to get clear logos for tv series on Aeon Nox 4 4.1.9 with Artwork Downloader i used to just press up in my tv library and click Get Artwork and it would look and add art automatically but don't see that option in 5. I now have to do this by selecting tv show information and going to +, Artwork downloader. But this only works one show at a time, is there another way?.
  • 138(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537