• 74(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
(2014-04-18, 08:18)atmwillow Wrote: Can I point a main menu item at 2 playlists? (I had to separate my two year olds movies from tv shows and would really rather this is just one menu item..)

there are far more qualified here to answer your questions, but i will take a crack at it.

the way i address this was to create a new smart playlist that combines the two or more existing play lists. they must all be of the same type i.e. movies or tv shows etc. this works great for combining media spread across different folders and drives.

also a handy add-on i found is justUseFilename.org
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Cus...eo_entries

this allows you to dump any video file into one folder create a smart playlist for it and then add it to the menu. this does not us any metadata just provides the file name and a thumb. but works great for temporary files and files that do not need metadate.

hope this is of some help
Nevermind, I binned the folder and reinstalled and it is now showing up there. Thanks a lot man.
(2014-04-16, 11:09)BigNoid Wrote: I only add views (or addon support for that matter) that i use myself. How can I make a good view if I dont like it myself?

Hi BigNoid,

Forgive me if you have already said... What view do you use for TV Episodes? I'll give your recommendation a try, (I miss episode still, but I get it)

Thank you for all your hard work.
(2014-04-18, 18:47)Media Wrote:
(2014-04-16, 11:09)BigNoid Wrote: I only add views (or addon support for that matter) that i use myself. How can I make a good view if I dont like it myself?

Hi BigNoid,

Forgive me if you have already said... What view do you use for TV Episodes? I'll give your recommendation a try, (I miss episode still, but I get it)

I would suggest Landscape. The plot outlines are easy to read and it is far more attractive than episode.
Probably not the correct place to post but git version of script.skinshortcuts gives me errors

Code:
23:14:52 T:140573918807808   ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
                                             - NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
                                            Error Type: <type 'exceptions.ImportError'>
                                            Error Contents: No module named unidecode
                                            Traceback (most recent call last):
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.skinshortcuts/default.py", line 33, in <module>
                                                import xmlfunctions
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/xmlfunctions.py", line 14, in <module>
                                                import datafunctions
                                              File "/storage/.xbmc/addons/script.skinshortcuts/resources/lib/datafunctions.py", line 10, in <module>
                                                from unidecode import unidecode
                                            ImportError: No module named unidecode
                                            -->End of Python script error report<--
23:15:20 T:140574774503168  NOTICE: Thread LanguageInvoker start, auto delete: false

/edit
Fixed it, seem you need script.module.unidecode to get it working.
(2014-04-18, 18:47)Media Wrote:

Hi BigNoid,

Check out BryanBrazil's minimalistic mod for Aeon Nox, http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=192623 he's included the Episodes view type and has done a good job and has added a few other nice touches.
any idea about the "script.skinshortcuts" error "unable to build menu" Huh Latest GIT script.skinshortcuts and Aeon Nox 5.
ASRock Beebox J3160 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Elite BT
Intel NUC Kit DN2820FYKH 4GB RAM 120GB SATA SSD - Harmony Smart Control BT
all @ Libreelec Testbuild
HP N54L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server / MySQL DB
HP N40L @ Ubuntu 14.04.4 Minimal Server
(2014-04-20, 14:51)john.cord Wrote: any idea about the "script.skinshortcuts" error "unable to build menu" Huh Latest GIT script.skinshortcuts and Aeon Nox 5.

Don't use the latest git version of skin shortcuts unless you really need to (use the version on the xbmc repo, linked to from the first post), there's a lot of changes in it which I simply haven't had time to test properly and debug yet. If you must use the git version, post a debug log to its thread in the skin development forum, and I'll take a look there.
I've never skinned and don't know anything about coding. Is it at all feasible I can mod this for myself with media covers? That's the one thing keeping it perfect for me, well and episode view.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Hey everyone,

First off, thank you for an amazing skin!

I don't know if this is a skin issue or not, but here goes.

Is it possible in the music library under the Artists, the view where you see the different albums, to have under the albums, any music videos/concerts with that artist that you have?

If it has nothing to do with Aeon Nox, does anyone know if this is possible?

Hope that makes sense.

Thanks in advance.
Running Kodi Krypton/Aeon Nox Silvo on Nvidia Shield
(2014-04-20, 18:27)patseguin Wrote: I've never skinned and don't know anything about coding. Is it at all feasible I can mod this for myself with media covers? That's the one thing keeping it perfect for me, well and episode view.

i am trying the same thing. it is feasible but it takes a lot of time.
it is slow and tedious to learn. but fun when you get something to work.
i can offer no advice just the consolation you are not alone.

maybe we need a new thread for wannabe skinners like us. Smile

good luck
Hi BN,

I love your work! But I have a question.
I added the episode view myself from a modded version of nox5. The view is working, except that the background fanart (extra fanart) is not dimmed. Is there a way to add some code in the views xml file to dim the background?

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance.
(2014-04-23, 17:07)bokkoman Wrote: Hi BN,

I love your work! But I have a question.
I added the episode view myself from a modded version of nox5. The view is working, except that the background fanart (extra fanart) is not dimmed. Is there a way to add some code in the views xml file to dim the background?

Hope you can help me out.

Thanks in advance.

See my reply in the mod thread...

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?pid...pid1689756
Big Noid should simply add the modded Episode View. Someone already did the grunt work. I can't see what the harm would be. Other views that he deemed unnecessary have already been added.
It's his skin and he didn't want it. If you do, you add it.
  • 74(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537