• 75(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
I'm willing to accept PR's for new or old views that are not currently included. Same goes for addon support. I'm only doing stuff myself I use myself and think looks good. I dont just accept anything though, it wil have to fit the skin and look good of course.
First I would like to say thanks for this great skin. I t is absolutely amazing on my raspberry pi running this config.txt

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6
force_turbo=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

Smooth as silk

I know this question has been asked before but I can't find a decent answer.
How can I change the default focus on the main menu on startup with Aeon Nox 5? Which XML to edit?
It always default on the 3rd starting left and I don't want to change the order of my menu items.
Any help would be kindly apreciated. This would make it the perfect skin!
Keep up the good work!

pitha
I'd slate a request for compatibility with metadata actors, as I use it quite a bit. I also made a request a while back to add an option for random fanart for video playlists.

Lastly, is this skin to be a part of the official repo? Just curious.
I think it should be, maybe under a new name. I think Warlion should try to keep 4.1.9.x alive in the repo.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
(2014-04-24, 16:00)pitha76 Wrote: First I would like to say thanks for this great skin. I t is absolutely amazing on my raspberry pi running this config.txt

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6
force_turbo=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

Smooth as silk

Are you using stock OpenELEC Beta builds? Thanks!
(2014-04-25, 18:10)rushingjs Wrote:
(2014-04-24, 16:00)pitha76 Wrote: First I would like to say thanks for this great skin. I t is absolutely amazing on my raspberry pi running this config.txt

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6
force_turbo=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

Smooth as silk

Are you using stock OpenELEC Beta builds? Thanks!

Yes I am. I am on openelec latest beta 3.95.6...

arm_freq=1000
core_freq=500
sdram_freq=500
over_voltage=6
force_turbo=1
hdmi_force_hotplug=1
hdmi_drive=2
hdmi_ignore_cec_init=1

Smooth as silk

I know this question has been asked before but I can't find a decent answer.
How can I change the default focus on the main menu on startup with Aeon Nox 5? Which XML to edit?
It always default on the 3rd starting left and I don't want to change the order of my menu items.
Any help would be kindly apreciated. This would make it the perfect skin!
Keep up the good work!

pitha
Change the order of the includes in Includes_Home.xml: include name="FallbackMenu"

(2014-04-24, 23:28)Warner306 Wrote: I'd slate a request for compatibility with metadata actors, as I use it quite a bit. I also made a request a while back to add an option for random fanart for video playlists.

Lastly, is this skin to be a part of the official repo? Just curious.
I dont think that is necessary anymore since there are remotes on all platforms that can link to imdb. Besides that its not maintained anymore, so if it breaks I'm stuck with useless skin xmls.
Playlist fanart is something I'd like to add, I still have to find a way that doesn't use much code.
It will be on official repo before final Gotham.

@all: I probably missed some replies, so if i forgot you, sry Smile
What of version 4? A lot of work has been applied to this version as well. Will it also make the official repo?
While I appreciate the work that has gone into maintaining v4 for Gotham, I only want v5 to be on official repo under the Nox name.

EDIT:
I just made a pull request for official repo, so at this point I'll only consider requests in the form of PR's as I've added everything I want to add.
BigNoid - let me know if you're unhappy with me requesting this in the official Nox5 thread and I'll happily remove it, but with Nox5 being the only public skin using my Skin Shortcuts script, I could really do with some feedback on the revision I'm working on...

Ok, so skins have for some time be able to link to add-ons, but have only been able to link to subdirectories provided by those addons if the subdirectory was added to favourites. So, for example, if you wanted to wanted to link to YouTube > YouTube Categories > Shows, you would have to add Shows as a favourite and then select that favourite as a submenu entry.

With the code I'm testing, you can 'explore' a plugin - so you can select YouTube, then select YouTube categories, then Shows before selecting "Create Shortcut To Here", without the need to add as a favourite first.

The idea is to make it far easier to link to any link provided by any shortcut, but I really need help testing this! Specifically, any users of either plexBMC or XBM3C - any issues linking to the libraries they provide? And for any other plugin (which is to say, any addon which provides folders containing links to audio or video) any problems listing or linking to these folders?

To help test, you'll need the latest git version of skin shortcuts - https://github.com/unfledged/script.skinshortcuts/ (which should now be stable) - then select any plugin from the 'add-on' submenu group. And thank you in advance for any and all feedback you can provide. Smile

As this isn't directly related to Nox5, I'd appreciate it if you could post any feedback to the thread here.
@Unfledged: Not a problem at all, feel free to post here. I'm a bit limited in my time atm, but if I can test I will and post some feedback.
(2014-04-26, 02:16)BigNoid Wrote: @Unfledged: Not a problem at all, feel free to post here. I'm a bit limited in my time atm, but if I can test I will and post some feedback.

Thank you so much Smile
I am loving the new look!

Cannot wait for the release Confluence is a little boring (if nice and functional)
This should be the new default skin for Gotham!
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
Any idea why some 1channel TV thumbnails show up when adding to the library?
I've tried many other skins and haven't come across this problem with the exception of beta4.
  • 75(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537