• 121(current)
Release Aeon Nox 5
Hey guys,

I'm starting to get ready to push a new version of script.skinshortcuts - the script that manages Nox5's submenus, and provides the default select action options to the main menu - to the repo and, as always, if there's anyone willing to test it out that'd be really useful Smile

With the new version, you can now create main and sub-menu items to play specific live TV channels and Radio channels from your PVR, to sources so that they open in the library view, limited to content from that source, and to UPnP libraries. (Along with lots of other changes)

If you're willing to test, you'll need the github version of the script, and this thread to post any bugs in. (And the current repo version is here, just in case the new version doesn't work for you!)

Thanks in advance Smile
for some reason the skin isnt showing up in the xbmc.org repo for me?

EDIT: just done a clean install of xbmc 13 and now i can see it in the repo
Hi guys

Awesome update to this skin - thanks!

Question: the recordings list in the PVR view is huge - the font and line spacing are so big that only about 6 recordings fit on one page. Major WAF issue!

Is there any way I can easily change this in the skin?

Thanks
Mod: CinemaExperience at Video Info Panel.

Edit: changed back to "Play" as default selection, removed Path, now Play count is visible instead, and removed that "+" is not available if in kiosk mode. Swapped Cast and Trailer buttons.

file:

christian
Post deleted.
BigNoid,

I sampled the last Git with the option for fanart for video playlists. The script works fine, but I am wondering why the fanart is not set to display random images. As is, the user will see the same few images every time they log into XBMC, starting alphabetically in their collection.
Hello.

Firstly, Aeon Nox 5 looks amazing. Loving the smooth looking menus and fonts.

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere in this thread but I was wondering how i could use the same home screen set up from Aeon Nox 4 on Aeon Nox 5 without having to redo all the customisation from scratch?

I spent ages customising the way the home screen looked with shortcuts, background images and custom menu names etc.

I downloaded and installed Aeon Nox 5 from the 'get more skins' option when in Appearance > Skins. I still have the old Aeon Nox 4 skin installed on the box.

I am on an Android media box.

Any help with this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Louis
Only way is by redoing the customisation. Too much has changed to even convert it
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
(2014-06-07, 10:19)SupaDawg Wrote: @BigNoid

Any plans to implement Small Shift in Nox5?

I could likely edit the skin to decrease the size, but it might be worth a mass include. It's a great way to show off a wider number of films/items while also placing some emphasis on fanart.

I also wondered this. It was my favourite view mode on Nox 4.
@BigNoid

I was wondering if there is a widget for Favourites in the works. I like to keep all my addons together in Favs but there is no associated widget.

Thanks for the great work, I have just crossed over from 4.19 to 5 and I love the cleaner, simpler interface.
@BigNoid

I just noticed that you have brought back the "episode view". Great.

Love that view. =)

/Söder
Vero 4K with unRAID server and mysql (mariadb)
@all translators: Probably because an error with the xbmc-langload executable on my end, no translation were synced the last couple of weeks. I was able to sync today and the changes are now on github and will be available in next update.
My apologies, your work on translating the skin is much appreciated.
(2014-06-09, 00:23)Unfledged Wrote: Hey guys,

I'm starting to get ready to push a new version of script.skinshortcuts - the script that manages Nox5's submenus, and provides the default select action options to the main menu - to the repo and, as always, if there's anyone willing to test it out that'd be really useful Smile

With the new version, you can now create main and sub-menu items to play specific live TV channels and Radio channels from your PVR, to sources so that they open in the library view, limited to content from that source, and to UPnP libraries. (Along with lots of other changes)

If you're willing to test, you'll need the github version of the script, and this thread to post any bugs in. (And the current repo version is here, just in case the new version doesn't work for you!)

Thanks in advance Smile

I'm sorry to bump this - I hate bumps as much as the next guy - but for those who've tried the new version, and I know there's a few of you...

The current plan is to push the new version of the script to the repo this weekend. However, I haven't had enough feedback on the new feature that allows you to view the library limited by source to include it, despite the fact I think it's a really cool feature Wink

So, to anyone trying the new version of the script - whether or not you already have smart playlists to show, for example, the library content in your kids or your hd source folders, can you please try to create them via the methods provided by Nox 5 - select a source for your menu item, choose the specific subdirectory you want, then "Create shortcut to here", and choose the type of library content it contains.

I'll hugely appreciate anyone who can try this - and let me know that it (hopefully!) works either by pm or on the thread here - and hopefully we can get this feature out to all of Nox5's users Smile And I promise I won't bump this thread again Big Grin
About a page back I requested a larger icons/movie wall that holds more movies per screen. I suggested amending the existing infowall, removing the fanart and plot outline and replacing it with additional movie posters. I decided to give this a try myself and came up with a movie wall that expands the existing 15 in infowall to a total of 24 titles:

Of course, this is not a finished view and I have no idea what I'm doing with XML coding (I was just playing around with the view for an hour or so). I was hoping someone here could complete the following:

1. Add the floor labels from icons view to the modified infowall (I think they would have to be resized - and that could be problematic!):

2. Get rid of the reflection on the floor texture.

3. Fix the scroll bar. The scroll bar is on the right-hand side but is activated by moving to the left of the screenHuh

Edit: See next post for progress.
Thanks for the great skin.

I've looked through 121 pages of this thread and didn't see this issue that I'm currently having.

Skin 5.1.2
XBMC 13.1
1920x1080 resolution

Set Multi-image background: When I try to select a background folder that contains several JPG images, it shows just a black screen instead of rotating through the images in the folder.
Set Single-image background: When I browse to the folder on my C: drive containing the JPG files, it doesn't show them in the list for me to choose one. Only folders show up, but not JPG files.

Live DVD cases work
The rest show the Gravity fanart by default.
  • 121(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Aeon Nox 537