Req Showing channels with no EPG in EPG grid
Ive asked on the forums and ive tried searching but havnt managed to find an answer.

Currently, if the channel has no EPG data the channel wont show in the EPG grid. Any way we can make it so ALL channels show in the EPG grid regardless. I want to only use my EPG Timetable and do away with the TV Channels view but sometimes my xmltv files dont always populate the channels with EPG data. This means a few channels get missed out.

A fall back would be good, so if the channel has no epg data maybe have a fall back stating 'no epg data available' if possible? Is this possible with XBMC or does this have to be handled by the backend or the xmltv populater?

Thanks.
must be something with your backend, works for me ™
I can confirm this issue, for Mediaportal as backend at least.
I had assumed it was related to the "only display channels from this category" option in the XBMC Mediaportal PVR plugin (I restrict channels to limit the 1000 channel crap in the all channels category you get with Sky UK), but will double check when I get home this evening.
Note these channekls DO display in the Mediaportal front end EPG.
Confirmed EPG view does NOT display channels with no EPG information (They do display in channel view) irrespective of the channel display category.
Running Win7 PC, MediaPortal 1.6, XBMC 12.3 - Margo's custom build. Was using Arctic, but the same in Confluence when I checked.
@margo, if you see this and want logs or other info/testing I am happy to obligeSmile

Otherwise, time permitting, I was planning to try Argus as backend over the weekend. if I do get the time, will report back if its the same or not.
I use NextPvr and the channels show in the back end epg guide but not in xbmc epg guide. Im sure i read on the wiki or somewhere (i forgot now) that thats how the epg grid works in Xbmc.
Sorry, I took from Da-anda's response that it was not expected behavior & was a backend issue.
In which case I agree - an option to show (or not) channels with no EPG data in grid view would be a good ideaSmile
I'm using ArgusTV as backend, and I have plenty of channels in my EPG grid without any EPG data, so I assume it's depending on the backend you're using, or let's rather say the connecting add-on for your backend. (I'm using a nightly build btw)

I just checked WMC as backend and TVHeadend(on Openelec). None of them display Channels in EPG view that do not have EPG data.
Anyone know if difference with Da-Anda's result is due to Argus or Gotham nightly v Frodo?
could be a Gotham thing/fix as well.
(2014-01-17, 21:36)da-anda Wrote: could be a Gotham thing/fix as well.

I am using a latest nightly too and I don't have this, I am using tvheadend...
Ive tried all versions of xbmc using nextpvr and neither of them show channels in the epg grid if no data is present.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Showing channels with no EPG in EPG grid1