Where to install MySQL
I'm finding mixed views on this, but nothing definitive.

Here's my setup: I have XMBC installed on my HTPC (Win 7) which has several USB drives with mainly movies. My desktop (Win 7) does *not* have XBMC installed but has several discs with TV shows. I also have a Android TV box in my bedroom with XBMC installed.

Where should MySQL be installed? The HTPC or the desktop? The HTPC uses an SSD C: drive, the desktop a SATA drive, if that's a consideration. Both machines are on 24/7 (or can be), so I'm guessing it doesn't matter, but just want to be sure. Thx.
It doesn't matter. It would need to be up all the time and be on the network obviously. MySql doesnt take to much to run, I used to spin mine up on a little linux VM even. The SSD would definitely give you a little zip but its likely you really wouldnt notice it in your general interactions daily. Maybe full library scrapes might be better, but really neither here nor there day/day for you to architect it any differently.
Search first, provide details and keep forums clean. Mark things solved, to close them out and acknowledge helpful volunteers who share. If I have helped, click the plus button.
Thanks. I didn't know if performance-wise it would be better on the machine that had XBMC installed. The desktop is newer and faster than the HTPC, and is the system that would be accessed more (and updated more frequently) as I watch more TV shows than movies.
I think, the few MySQL-Queries XBMC sends to the server, didnt need such a good performance server, so i would pick the system, which is always on. ^^

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Where to install MySQL0