Linux No display signal after XBMC logo
Hi all.
I'm using XMBCbuntu 12.3 Frodo on HTPC Asus (Atom 330 + NVidia Ion). Since I had both VGA and HDMI ports, I setup video via HDMI. It worked great for couple weeks, but now I cannot boot XBMCbuntu.
- HDMI: no signal at all
- VGA: XBMC logo (XBMC Media Center) appeared for few seconds, then black screen and then again no signal

So, I assume something wrong with video driver, but unfortunately I'm unable to fix it.

Could you please advise me how to restore XBMCbuntu functionality without full reinstall. Since I have SSH access, I can provide you with any logs you need.

XBMC.log file is here: http://pastebin.com/embed_js.php?i=ad5dipfx

XBMC info
Welcome to forums.. Wink

You came to right place, will try to help you through this!

Disconnect the vga cable completely plug in ONLY HDMI. MAke sure TV is turned ON and in correct HDMI channel. > We only want HDMI on and turn TV On before machine is rebooted. < this is essential..

See SSH (wiki) (We only want ssh access if this does nothing to begin image wise.) <We will see if there's any HDMI handshake issues going on a bit later.

1) Please drop kick pulseaudio > Pulseaudio only supported in Gotham nightlies > Or install a Gotham nightly.
Pulse causes all sorts of problems so we really dont want any...
Code:
sudo apt-get -y purge pulseaudio alsa-plugins
sudo apt-get install alsa-utils libasound2

or installl Gotham with Pulseaudio support. This should work great on ION its very stable (remember nothing is bug free)

Code:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:team-xbmc/xbmc-nightly -y
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install xbmc xbmc-bin -y
2) Reinstall your nvidia drivers and rename any xorg.conf (will get you setup properly later after clearing up your issues. (hopefully) For now just follow this.
Code:
sudo apt-get --reinstall install nvidia-current nvidia-settings -y
mv /etc/X11/xorg.conf /etc/X11/xorg.conf.bak
3) Use pastebins for Logs please, avoid like plague posting them in-line. Be so kind and remove them, please.

4) Pastebins only FULL Debug logs (wiki) what you have now is not debugging anything. < read the link how to set debug logging on...

After all this is done reboot again and grab both Debug log (wiki) and /var/log/Xorg.0.log

Code:
cat  /var/log/Xorg.0.log | pastebinit.

Come back the we take it from wherever you are then. Strap yourself in, enjoy the ride.
After few weeks of intense testing, I experienced the same issue: XMBCbuntu can start with graph interface once in 5-10 times.
Here are logs: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=150404

I'm sorry if I post logs wrongly.
see point 1 from above. uninstall pulse.
Alternatively, you must make sure that pulse is running before xbmc starts.
I tried, but the command

Code:
sudo apt-get -y purge pulseaudio alsa-plugins
returns the following:
Code:
tv@tv:~$ sudo apt-get -y purge pulseaudio alsa-plugins
[sudo] password for tv:
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Unable to locate package alsa-plugins

So, what else I should do?
Interesting, I had before issue with sound over HDMI, and alsa actually helps me/

Just if it makes sense: XBMC crashlog: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=150417
Also how I can make sure that Pulse starts before xbmc?
sudo apt-get -y purge pulseaudio libasound2-plugins
Thank you for the update. Unfortunately, it does not help me. Here are lxsession logs: http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=150711
I tried to get xbmc.log, but since I have no acccess to XBMC I cannot get it. Via WinSCP I was able to find only previous xbmc.log (with pulse).
Read Debug log (wiki) the advanced portion.
Xorg.0.log would be more helpful.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Ive asked for one 50 years ago, so anyway, since guy isnt interested, nor am I.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No display signal after XBMC logo0