Will xbmc play the .ts files my Humax Fox2 spits out?
Thought I'd come straight to the source as I can't find any info on this. I'm thinking of getting a Pi for xbmc, my only concern is whether it will play the .ts files which my Humax Fox2 pvr saves recorded programmes in?

Can anyone here tell me if it does?
Assuming you have the modified firmware installed, then yes (or at least it'll play my Humax HDR files which I assume are the same).

Edit: Sorry, should be more specific - it will play decrypted files through DNLA link. See Hummy.tv
It certainly will play the Humax files - I've been doing so for the last 6 months or so.
As remarked above, these files have to be decrypted, and the standard ways to achieve this are playing using the Humax DLNA server, but also you can copy files on the recorder to a USB attached device (provided they are SD not HD).
The HD files are most easily dealt with using custom software (see Hummy forums )
Derek
Great thanks guys! Smile
Sorry to jump in on someone else's thread, but this is very similar to a problem I have been trying to solve.

The XBMC will play the TS files from my Humax if the file resides on the Humax (playing via DLNA). However, I want to get the files off the Humax (and edit adverts, trim start/end, etc.,). This is fine and easy with the SD TS files - and I can easily extract the .mpg files from the SD TS files so that they can play directly on XBMC on my Mac Mini. With the HD TS files, I cannot reliably extract the mkv or mp4 files from the HD TS files from my Humax - so I keep these as TS files. Unfortunately, when I move these files to the Mac Mini hard drive, XBMC doesn't play them. Is this expected behaviour ? Does XBMC not play .TS files ?

I should also point out that the HD TS files have been decrypted by the Humax Custom Firmware (as mentioned above).

Thanks,

jonmitch
How did you move them - they should play without any problem, the same as SD files?
I have to confess that I've never tried this, as I find there isn't enough difference for us to consider recording HD worthwhile.
Derek
Moved the (already decrypted) TS files via network cable from my Humax (Freeview recorder) to a drive on my PC. Edited out the ads, etc., using VideoReDo, and saved back as a TS file. Copy & Paste via network to Mac Mini.

I have to say, though, that the difference between BBC1, for example, and BBC1 HD on Freeview is huge. For me it goes from watchable to wonderful, but that's subjective.

I'll keep trying things, but don't want to waste time if it simply isn't an option.

Thanks,

Jon
(2014-01-20, 01:06)jonmitch Wrote: Moved the (already decrypted) TS files via network cable from my Humax (Freeview recorder) to a drive on my PC. Edited out the ads, etc., using VideoReDo, and saved back as a TS file. Copy & Paste via network to Mac Mini.

I have to say, though, that the difference between BBC1, for example, and BBC1 HD on Freeview is huge. For me it goes from watchable to wonderful, but that's subjective.

I'll keep trying things, but don't want to waste time if it simply isn't an option.

Thanks,

Jon

I do this regularly, in fact I have two programmes from last night transferring via FTP to my PC at this moment. Once I have them transferred over I edit with VideoReDo, then re-encode using Handbrake (.Mkv, 1280x720, [email protected], crf 21, AC3 audio passthru) They are then ready for watching/archiving on my LAN rather than back on the Humax, Re-named to a suitable XBMC format.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Will xbmc play the .ts files my Humax Fox2 spits out?0