Bug ServerWMC produces high load
My WMC is installed on an 1.6ghz dual core Atom board that is completly fine for about 3 years. Since I installed i see servermc causes a relative high cpu load. Often I see that serverwmc uses around 20-30%, but nothing is streamed.

Now if I start a stream to rasp pi a process ehvid.exe appears and eats all the rest. This means 70-80%.

That's not ok. Without serverwmc.exe and streaming I can record several HD channels in parallel and view an additional recording without any issues at all. While looking around what ehvid is It looks like an indexing tool.

How can we reduce CPU load in serverWMC?
Why is the ehvid causing these extreme CPU flatline if streaming starts and how can I stop this?
Hi Marc,

If you haven't done it yet, turn off "pre-start tuners' in the live-tv tab.
Windows Media Center PVR addon (pvr.wmc) and server backend (ServerWMC)
http://bit.ly/serverwmc
This is disabled. Aside what does this change?
You can see the wiki about what it does.

Do the cpu loads only get really high for live-tv streams, or both live-tv and recorded-tv streams?
You sure are quick to report your issues as swmc bugs, sheesh. Just doing a quick search shows a lot of other folks seeing ehvid spiking their CPU. Highly doubt its an issue with swmc. Did you try any of the troubleshooting mentioned on any of other threads, which you would have seen if you googled?
Interesting. Uses only 2% of my CPU with multiple streams running. ServerWMC uses 1%.
The XBMC team, plug-in devs, skinners, etc. do this for us for FREE in their spare time because they want to. Think about that for a second before you start bitching...
I'm also experiencing an abnormally high CPU load, when watching live tv using serverWmC as backend.
When using MediaPortal as tv backend the CPU load is significantly lower.

System:
Windows 7 HP (64-bit)
AMD E-350 (1.6 Ghz)
4 Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
64 Gb SSD + 250 Gb HDD dedicated for recording/timeshifting.
Anysee E30C (DVB-C)
XBMC Gotham (alpha 11++) margro build.

I'm using MediaPortal 1.6.0, but also have been using earlier versions.

*Playback an interlaced 1080p 50 fps video from a locally stored file.
Smooth playback without dropped frames, CPU load 40-70%.

*Playback live tv using MediaPortal as backend, same video format.
Basically same results as above.

*Playback live tv using serverWMC.
Lots of stutter and dropped frames. CPU load 90-100% !!
I've also poorer video image quality, when using serverWMC.

Why is serverWMC using so much resources?
Is serverWMC transcoding on the fly?

Live tv in Windows Media Center is smooth btw.
usually the complaints about 'dropped frames' is due to an ffmpeg bug with wtv files and h264 european broadcasts. However the version of xbmc you are using, should have that fix - I think. If you are having this problems on those types of broadcasts, you might try the newest gotham nightly just to see if it takes care of it - because I know that version has the fix.

Video quality issues are usually due to de-interlacing so make sure you have that on, if its not already.

lastly, we don't transcode but we do have to remux live-tv streams, this is something both wmc and mediaportal do not need to do. It has to do with the fact that no players out there, other than wmc and wmp, can play a wtv file that is 'live'. This remux is very fast and I have never noticed it causing huge cpu spikes, but it is there
(2014-01-18, 22:59)Kdekraker Wrote: I'm also experiencing an abnormally high CPU load, when watching live tv using serverWmC as backend.
When using MediaPortal as tv backend the CPU load is significantly lower.

System:
Windows 7 HP (64-bit)
AMD E-350 (1.6 Ghz)
4 Gb DDR3 1333Mhz
64 Gb SSD + 250 Gb HDD dedicated for recording/timeshifting.
Anysee E30C (DVB-C)
XBMC Gotham (alpha 11++) margro build.

I'm using MediaPortal 1.6.0, but also have been using earlier versions.

*Playback an interlaced 1080p 50 fps video from a locally stored file.
Smooth playback without dropped frames, CPU load 40-70%.

*Playback live tv using MediaPortal as backend, same video format.
Basically same results as above.

*Playback live tv using serverWMC.
Lots of stutter and dropped frames. CPU load 90-100% !!
I've also poorer video image quality, when using serverWMC.

Why is serverWMC using so much resources?
Is serverWMC transcoding on the fly?

Live tv in Windows Media Center is smooth btw.

in task manager what processes are accounting for this usage and what are their rough numbers?

What are your interlacing settings in XBMC? (film icon while playing a live channel)

What are your audio settings set to in XBMC? (System->Settings->System->Audio Output->Audio output device and passthrough output device). Make sure these are WASAPI rather than DirectSound

If you schedule a recording, what is the CPU usage like once the recording starts happening?

If you watch back a recording when it's finished, what is the CPU usage?

Set the ServerWMC option to "remux all recordings", restart serverWMC, and then perform this test again. Watch a compelted recording (now being remuxed to TS on the fly) and note the CPU usage?

Also can you please post a clean ServerWMC log (stop serverWMC, start it, reproduce the problem). Upload the log to pastebin and post the link here
pvr.wmc TV addon and ServerWMC Backend Development Team
http://bit.ly/ServerWMC

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
ServerWMC produces high load0