Win MCE remote info button
Hello

I'm new to XBMC - used only MediaPortal.
I wanna give it a try.

My first problem is with MCE remote.
I think info button should work as right mouse click but nothing happens.
Can I make it to work as menu button? How?

Thanks in advance
Guide button is mapped to contexmeny, but you can change your remote.xml as you like
You can modify the info button to send 'c' which will show context menu in xbmc. Use the mce mapper tool link iin my signature.
baijjuxavior: after applying changes to registry I have error 07 - access denied (I have windows 8.1 64 bit)

I look in remote.xml and I think everythis should work fine - maybe something is wrong with my pilot - sending wrong commands. How can I check which commands is it sending?
And pressing windows button doesn't open xbmc
Use showkey.exe to know the keypress from the remote. Run the mapper tool as admin otherwise you will see the access denied error.
I don't have showkey.exe in program files/xbmc/ folder... Where is it??
I have showkey.exe
Info button and those 4 buttons under mute button don't send any command - those worked fine in MediaPortal.
I have some chineese mce remote which supposed to be microsoft mce remote.

What can I do to make those buttons work?
(2014-01-18, 18:05)piernik Wrote: I have showkey.exe
Info button and those 4 buttons under mute button don't send any command - those worked fine in MediaPortal.
I have some chineese mce remote which supposed to be microsoft mce remote.

What can I do to make those buttons work?

Another option is to use the program eventghost. You would install 2 plugins, MCE remote and xbmc. Then you would just map the info button to your xbmc context menu. Very simple.
That software? - http://www.eventghost.org/
Where can I get MCE remote plugin?
And what is the second plugin You're saying?

If it helps - this is my remote: http://www.emtcompany.com/windows-deskto...01917.html
(2014-01-18, 18:28)piernik Wrote: That software? - http://www.eventghost.org/
Where can I get MCE remote plugin?
And what is the second plugin You're saying?

If it helps - this is my remote: http://www.emtcompany.com/windows-deskto...01917.html

Yes that is the software. When you install and then start eventghost you will need to add plugins. The two I mentioned are built-in. When it initially loads up you will see a bunch already loaded. You can delete these or create a new "tree" with the two that I mentioned.

Your remote appears to be an rc6 remote, but I'm not for sure. You can tell if you go to windows "device manager" and you see it listed as an ehome controller.

I can help you with eventghost, but there is a lot of tutorials for getting started. It has a small learning curve but is a very powerful program once you get the hang of it.
OK, In eventGhost when I press info button in log I see MceRemote.Details but I can't see "details" in Context Folder->Keyboard Emulation->XBMC2->Buttons->Remote
Where is it? How to assign it to XBMC.info ?
And other issue. in XBMC pressing down works as 2x down. Do I have to turn off XBMC's native remote control? How?
(2014-01-18, 19:16)piernik Wrote: OK, In eventGhost when I press info button in log I see MceRemote.Details but I can't see "details" in Context Folder->Keyboard Emulation->XBMC2->Buttons->Remote
Where is it? How to assign it to XBMC.info ?
And other issue. in XBMC pressing down works as 2x down. Do I have to turn off XBMC's native remote control? How?

Which plugins did you install? I'm using these:

Eventghost>add plugin>program control>xbmc2
Remote receiver>Microsoft MCE Remote

When you install the MCE plugin, don't check the box to disable HID service, unless you want to map every button on the remote. You certainly can, but not necessary.

When you have the xbmc2 plugin installed, you will then map your remote event to xbmc2/actions/general/contextmenu.
Info button can make info action - not contexmenu

I have xbmc2 and Microsoft MCE remote.

In XBMC->Actions->General->Info I have to add action, yes?
And than what? As I said - when I press info button on my remote MceRemote.Details occur in log on left side of screen.
How to bind them together?
(2014-01-18, 19:53)piernik Wrote: Info button can make info action - not contexmenu

I have xbmc2 and Microsoft MCE remote.

In XBMC->Actions->General->Info I have to add action, yes?
And than what? As I said - when I press info button on my remote MceRemote.Details occur in log on left side of screen.
How to bind them together?

You said you wanted info button to be like right click with mouse. Right click will open "context menu".
So in eventghost when you press info, you see that event captured in the left window, the one with the little yellow lightning bolt. All you need to do is drag that "event" over to the "action" that you want it to trigger.
Dragging - off course! Thank You very much.
Yes, at begginning I wanted context menu but it should be info button.
I'll try to get it working as I want.
Again thank You

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
MCE remote info button0