Android OUYA w/XBMC Can't Access FILES on NAS (Network Storage)
I spent hours here, searching threads on the OUYA and or XMBC ... Can't find an answer. Confused
I have an iOmega (Lenovo) IX2-DL Network Attached Storage box with plenty of different video files to choose from.
For example we'll look at The Walking Dead File structure: Main Folder: The Walking Dead ... Daughter Folders: Each Season (of which there are 4)
My problem is that I can see the MAIN FOLDERS (and daughter folders)
but when I choose a folder which contains video files, I DO NOT see the FILE names, just the subfolders (if any) ...

My Asus O!Play Air works perfectly. I can see all the file names, and the videos play perfectly. Same as ANY PC on my LAN, no problemo!

I either missed a setting under the XBMC menus, or the OUYA is not capable of accessing Windows File Sharing? Huh
Please Help Me Before I KOOK!!
What file extension do your videos have?
Have you added their location as a source? I love my 3 Ouyas and would like to help you if I can.
Are you using the file manager?

It sounds like you are adding a source. You can't add a file as a source, only a directory.

Add a source in the file manager and select the top level directory. then you will be able to see your files.
Thanks guys for shoving my stupit ass in the right direction.

First I had the syntax incorrect ...
When I manually entered the Source I was using just the IP address i.e.: (192.168.0.111/Movies/) when it should have been like this below:
nfs://1.2.3.4/path/to/folder (where "1.2.3.4" should be replaced with the IP of your NFS server, and "/path/to/folder" should be replaced with the path to the folder you want to share. For example < nfs://192.168.0.111/Movies/ >
Furthermore, when I hit the Browse button to go out to the folder I wanted to share, it was hitting the O button on the controller, when I should have been using the mouse pad (sweet design BTW) to move the cursor to OK down below, to choose the selected folder above!!

Directions are listed at this link for anyone else who might be experiencing the same "head up ass" syndrome as I was displaying.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
OUYA w/XBMC Can't Access FILES on NAS (Network Storage)0