Cleanup process is not working properly for me, MySQL configuration
EDIT: See the 4'th post onwards, I've confirmed this is working as intended on a fresh install, something is unfortunately wrong with my build. No bug to be found here, title adjusted as such.

Hi all,

I've done extensive testing, rather than bump my old, messy, 3 page thread of discovery, I've decided to start a new one. FWIW I am using a very very recent version of XBMC nightly, XBMCSetup-20140116-23680e1-master

This is what I know so far.
* Library cleanup is working correctly as of the above build for "regular" installs (no MySQL)
* Library cleanup is NOT working correctly on my particular MySQL setup and may be indicative of a bug.

I suspected the problem might be due to old database tables in MySQL (the ones for compatibility or whatever they are?)
I've now dropped those tables in MySQL (myvideos75, myvideos76) for testing, I now only have myvideos77 in MySQL the problem persists.

If anyone out there has a fresh, blank MySQL setup for testing and the nightly I've listed above, please do the following*
* Setup a new directory with a filetype of TV Shows (TVDB)
* Put a file in said directory called for example "The Food Hospital, S01E01.AVI" (or any TV show you know will be recognised)
* Update the library, so you now see your one episode of your new show.
* Now, rename the file to "The Food Hospital, S01E01.MKV" and update the library.
* Now, rename the file to ""The Food Hospital, S01E01.MP4" and update the library.
* Finally perform a cleanup of your database manually under the settings section.

On a regular build of the latest nightly, without MySQL, the missing .MKV and .AVI version in the database will be removed.
On at least my particular MySQL build, you will be stuck with the TV episode listed 3 times, it hasn't removed the missing files in the DB.

I thought this problem was just DVD (.TS / .VOB filled directories) originally but I was incorrect, either my database has a major, weird issue or there's a cleanup bug with MySQL removals.

* I know how to setup a clean MySQL configured XBMC but it is quite damn time consuming if I recall Sad if someone else could confirm if there's a bug or my database "impervious to cleaning" I'd appreciate it.
Attached is my log files. They only contain a password to the HTPC so no big deal.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99836/logs.rar

2 logs, one opening XBMC in debug mode, cleaning library, checking if it fixed problem (nope!) quitting
other log, opening XBMC in debug mode, manually updating library, checking if fixed (nope!) quitting

Screenshot of what the problem looks like
I decided to try testing with MySQL, I did some testing but unfortunately XBMC has stopped working entirely under my VM, just won't draw the graphics for XBMC, no idea why (it was fine for 2 days)
UPDATE: 21/Jan

I got my VM working and unfortunately this is broken only for my build, this is not a bug.
Can someone clued up please please help me, I'd really like to not wipe my database (watched list and what have you)
Also, even if it's not a bug, it would be nice to find what has caused this and perhaps stop if from occurring to others.

My logs are here.
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/99836/logs.rar

To summarise, yet again. My "clean process" - even when manually instigated is simply not removing all items in the database.
Example renaming an existing .MKV file to say .AVI (for testing) in my library, then re-scanning will make the item appear twice (as it should before cleaning)
Even if I manually do a full clean of my DB, the original entry for the MKV remains. Testing on a clean environment shows it should be working as intended (only 1 copy, not 2 in the library)

Suggestions? Do I need to provide my MySQL database? At this point if I need to, I will :/
This is just a shot in the dark, but it might have something to do with the path sub errors in the log, which include pathsubs to sources.xml. While the contents of sources.xml shouldn't really effect anything, since the video db contains those paths as well, I think XBMC does look at the sources.xml file during the cleanup process and maybe the errors are throwing it "out of whack" or something.

I'm not sure why the pathsubs to sources.xml or even the addon_data stuff isn't working, but as a test maybe see if removing the pathsubs for sources.xml, and then manually coping the sources.xml file locally, does anything.
Ned just to clarify, could it be this stuff in Advancedsettings.xml? causing the issue?

Quote:</videoextensions>
<pathsubstitution>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/playlists/</from>
<to>SMB://USERNAMETongue[email protected]/C$/Users/xbmc/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/playlists/</to>
</substitute>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/addon_data/</from>
<to>SMB://USERNAMETongue[email protected]/C$/Users/xbmc/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/addon_data/</to>
</substitute>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/keymaps/</from>
<to>SMB://USERNAMETongue[email protected]/C$/Users/xbmc/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/keymaps/</to>
</substitute>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/sources.xml</from>
<to>SMB://USERNAMETongue[email protected]/C$/Users/xbmc/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/sources.xml</to>
</substitute>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/mediasources.xml</from>
<to>SMB://USERNAMETongue[email protected]/C$/Users/xbmc/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/mediasources.xml</to>
</substitute>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/RssFeeds.xml</from>
<to>SMB://USERNAMETongue[email protected]/C$/Users/xbmc/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/RssFeeds.xml</to>
</substitute>
<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/favourites.xml</from>
<to>SMB://USERNAMETongue[email protected]/C$/Users/xbmc/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/favourites.xml</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>
Yeah, I would remove the pathsub for sources.xml as a test.
(2014-01-24, 19:49)Ned Scott Wrote: Yeah, I would remove the pathsub for sources.xml as a test.

Ed,

Sorry for the late reply on this one but when I remove the following.

Quote: <pathsubstitution>

<substitute>
<from>special://masterprofile/sources.xml</from>
<to>SMB://USERTongue[email protected]/C$/Users/xbmc/AppData/Roaming/XBMC/userdata/sources.xml</to>
</substitute>
</pathsubstitution>

From XBMC, it instantly says my library is 0 movies, it basically completely resets everything.
If I add it back, it's fine.
What doesn't make sense to me, is that the path substitution for sources.xml is still pointing to the "traditional" location for sources.xml anyhow.
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\sources.xml

The actual reason I utilise the path sub in my advancedsettings, is so that my desktop, laptop and other "client" XBMC installs around the house - if I re-install windows or whatever, I can simply copy my entire
%userprofile%\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\*.* on to those machines and bam, instantly it will work portably (does that make sense)

Any idea why XBMC will use my sources.xml via a pathsub - but it's not picking it up in the right location, for a non sub'd configuration?
FWIW BTW: XBMC 13 Beta 1 - unfortunately does not address my initial issue where it's not removing items clearly no longer available.
I can manually perform a clean of the DB, open / close XBMC, do a full scan and regardless, if I browse to some items it even says.
I have just completely removed my entire library of data through MySQL (drop database <name>) - all historical and new versions, so from a database standpoint, it's as if I have a brand new one.

If the problem persists, I'll know it was not DB corruption, if the problem doesn't persist and I've changed XBMC versions multiple times, I can only conclude that the issue is in that sources redirection or something very odd in one of my XML files.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Cleanup process is not working properly for me, MySQL configuration0