Change volume directly on Network AVR when in passthrough mode
Greetings!

My setup is a rPi with Raspbmc -> Pioneer AVR-923K -> Epson TW700 Beamer. Everything concerning decoding of audio streams is done directly on the Pioneer. When i chance the volumen on the XBMC it only responds with "Passthrough audio in use". Somehow i'm too stupid to figure out this whole CEC thing (or the plugin is broken, dunno) so i want to create my own solution for this problem:

I want to somehow capture the "volume change requested" event, check if passthrough is currently active and, if yes, open a tcp connection to the AVR and increase / decrease the volume by 3 points. It would be good if this would always run in background because then I'd only have to do the lookup and connect once...

I've figured out the whole AVR part on how to do the lookup and volume change... however i've been reading the last few hours a couple of tutorials / wiki pages / sticky topics and do not have an idea on how to integrate it into xbmc as this is my first project with XBMC involved... I don't think that listening on "volume UP" and "volume DOWN" events is really the best solution here...

I would highly appreciate it if someone could give me some hints like "you will need X , the architecture should be Y and read following 3 pages".

Thanks in advance,

Klaus
Maybe cec anyway is what you need?
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
thanks for the link! yeah, i think this could solve my problem, however the remote of the pioneer is (sadly) straight from hell so i'm keen on throwing it out anyway. i'm currently using Yatse for XBMC and AV Controll 2013 for the AVR on my Nexus 4. This effectively stops any CEC solution, leaving me with my original idea Smile

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Change volume directly on Network AVR when in passthrough mode0