Xtreamer Multi Console with XBMC
Looks alot like OUYA, comes with it's own XBMC. And some apps although they look like free apps. Wonder how well it will work

http://www.xtreamer.net/MultiConsole/index.html
(2014-01-20, 02:34)BigB42078 Wrote: Looks alot like OUYA, comes with it's own XBMC. And some apps although they look like free apps. Wonder how well it will work

http://www.xtreamer.net/MultiConsole/index.html

It comes with the "legendary" xtreamer support Smile
Is that a good or bad?
(2014-01-21, 05:16)BigB42078 Wrote: Is that a good or bad?

I don't think it's "bad". It's not amazing or anything. It's basically your modern day phone specs. I'd say this.
Load XBMC on your android phone. Are you happy with how it runs? Then you'll like this type of setup. If not you'll want a PC.

The issue:
It's 129 euros. That's around 179 USD. So for 40 more USD, you can get a full fledged PC (based off the stickies). I'd rather have a full PC that will handle XBMC EASILY, than a android box that will handle XBMC, but no where near as easy. The nice thing is you do get a remote.

Edit: I don't know what CPU this is running though. I looked it up or tried to and I think the Cortex A9's are last gen? Correct me if I'm wrong. I think the Nexus 7 (2012 1st gen) uses a quadcore Cortex A9 clocked at 1.3 Ghz. I'm using this right now and XBMC isn't "fluid". I actually wanted to upgrade to the latest Nexus 7 because of this. I don't think I'd want this product.
The Xtreamer Multi-Console has a Rockchip RK3188 quad-core processor, 2GB of RAM, 16GB of storage, 802.11n WiFi, Bluetooth 4.0, HDMI, 10/100 Ethernet, 2 USB 2.0 ports, and an SD card slot. It comes with a wireless air mouse.

Actually looking into a little further it doesn't look like a good deal It's pretty much a mk902 without internal camera. And you can get a MK902 for $105

The MK902 features a Rockchip RK3188 ARM Cortex-A9 quad-core processor, Mali 400 graphics, 2GB of RAM, 8GB to 16GB of built-in storage, WiFi, Bluetooth, and an external antenna to help with wireless performance.

The device sports 4 USB ports, an Etthernet jack, microSD card slot, and HDMI port as well as an AV output. There’s a 5MP camera on the front, and a built-in mic for making voice or video calls.

I get the whole android on stick or box. I have a ug802 with 2dark4u oc'ed to 1.7 with heatsink and ethernet adapter. It works fine with xbmc and online content. But fails to be able to run large .mkv files and my WMC .wtv files. I can run these files fairly smoothly with Archos Video Player though. Just want a box that does my Home media just a well as online content, plus netflix or any other service I may decide to use. RPI works great for using the serverwmc pvr addon and my movie files but it can't do Netflix.
Hm I just found out about xtreamer. I´m wondering how good the xbmc port is? DTS via SPDIF?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Xtreamer Multi Console with XBMC0