XBMCbuntu - Force HDMI output even if monitor not attached/turned on
I'm currently running XBMCbuntu (Eden) and am using a Gigabyte motherborad with an Intel i5. The motherboard has integrated HDMI. Basically, my problem is that I always have to turn on my receiver and TV before turning on the HTPC, otherwise the HTPC won't send the video signal to the HDMI port. If I turn the HTPC on first then it won't detect the monitor and I have to ssh in and reboot the HTPC. I've been living with this for a while but just bought a Raspberry Pi and installed Raspbmc. I found that I could edit config.txt and add hdmi_force_hotplug=1 which would essentially "trick" the Pi into thinking an HDMI monitor is attached and turned on even if one isn't. This allows you the ability to turn on and off the TV at will. I was wondering if there is anything like this for XBMCbuntu, or some type of hack/configuration that can be done to achieve the same result. Let me know if I need to provide any system specs or other information.

Thanks in advance for your help.
google: drm_kms_helper to hardcode EDID information
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
Thanks for the tip, will look into that.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMCbuntu - Force HDMI output even if monitor not attached/turned on0