How to switch to home screen with IR remote during video playback
Hi all,

I´m trying to switch to the home screen during video playback. It is possible via connected keyboard by pressing "esc" or "tab" and switch to main menu.

The environment is a zotac ID89 with openELEC 3.2.4 installed. I tried also the add-on "Keymap Editor" but without success.
When using the Confluence skin, I´m able to switch with the "Windows"-button on the remote during playback to the OSD menu and in the upper right corner there appears a "x" (accessable with the "UP" button) to close the OSD menu and get back to the main menu.

In the Aeon Nox skin I have not found a possibility neither switch to home screen nor to the main menu. It appears only the OSD menu when using the IR remote.

Is there anyone who knows how to setup the keymaps "keymap.xml" or "remote.xml" to assign the "Windows"-button on the remote to switch to the home screen during video playback?

Thanks in advance,
luddi
You need the following in your remote.xml, with mymusic being the button you want mapped.

<mymusic>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</mymusic>
Thanks for the very quick response!

I will try it as soon as possible.
But there is still one question. In which section do I have to add this assignment?
Is it <global>, <Home>, <MyFiles>, <MyMusicPlaylist>....etc OR do I have to place it in each section to guarantee that the home screen will be activated from any display?

luddi
global if you want it to work everywhere, home etc if you want it only for specific screens. entries in home, etc will override global.
I tried creating a remote.xml file at /storage/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps with the following content:

Code:
<keymap>
   <global>
     <remote>
       <menu>XBMC.ActivateWindow(Home)</menu>
     </remote>
   </global>
</keymap>

1. Does this overwrite the remote.xml from /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps ?
2. Is the identifier <menu> correct ?

In addition to that I tried also the guid from openELEC wiki to remap a remote key but still without success.
The "windows"-button I want to use is shown via "irw" with [ e2 0 KEY_MEDIA devinput ]

What I´m doing wrong?
1, yes, entries in userdata keymap take preference over system keymap
2, you need to map the irw output to a xbmc key via ~/.xbmc/userdata.Lircmap.xml eg,

<lircmap>
<remote device="linux-input-layer">
<altname>devinput</altname>
<menu>KEY_MEDIA</menu>
Thanks for all your hints and activities on this thread!

I tried to configure it this way but without success.
But meanwhile it works fine in a similar way.

I had again a look on the add-on "Keymap Editor" and find out that the key on the remote I pressed has the keyboard identifier <key id=37>.
The add-on generates a gen.xml file in ~/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps/ with the identifier used for the chosen action.

I modified the screen section to <fullscreenvideo>, used <keyboard> instead of <remote> and it worked as expected.

Code:
<keymap>
  <fullscreenvideo>
    <keyboard>
      <key id="37">activatewindow(home)</key>
    </keyboard>
  </fullscreenvideo>
</keymap>

Regards,
luddi

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How to switch to home screen with IR remote during video playback0