21:9 compatible skin?
I have a Philips 21:9 tv. Aside from it being awesome what bothers me is that it uses a resolution of regular 1920x1080 and stretches the image. Movies look real good but with all skins it's hard to navigate through the menus during playback since the bottom of the screen is missing.

I was wondering if there is a 21:9 friendly skin. Or should I look into trying to move the navigation bar by an offset amount of pixels higher up - that shouldn't be too hard to modify, should it?
Settings > Appearance > Zoom

You'll have black bars either side but at least you'll see everything.
That makes it even worse. Now every side is cut off and off screen.
You've zoomed it the wrong way. It should look like the first image on the second row -

Just for laughs while I was updating the new control positioning I accomplished this with very few changes between the skin's different aspect ratio folders -

21:9

16:10

16:9

Hi,

i´m searching for a 21:9 skin too...

How did you do this Hitcher?
Can i download this skin?

greetings,
Nils
It's still a WIP skin -

Alaska HD
Thanks Hitcher. Aside from Alaska being an awesome looking skin I made a dif on the 16:9 and 16:10 folder. Apparently the only place where it differs is the Includes_Resolution_Diffs.xml file.

I guess I will have to play around with the values here, or can you quickly post the changes you did Hitcher?
I had to make more changes to position controls either from the right side or based off a horizontal offset.
Release -

Alaska

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
21:9 compatible skin?0