Solved XBMC will not scrape centralized MySQL library
Bug 
Hi Everyone,

I recently added a second Zotac Zbox units to my home and followed this guide in an attempt to share libraries between the two units but I'm having problems:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=172548

Here is some information on my setup in case it helps:
  • Both units are identical -- Zotac Zbox ID84 running OpenELEC 3.2.4 (Frodo)
  • Content is stored on a central server with Limetech UnRaid (Disk 1, Parity Disk, Cache Disk)
  • The MySQL profile I set up has both the user and password set to "JefCel"

Here are the steps that I have gone through:

STEP 1:
  • Installed MySQL on UnRaid on Disk 1

STEP 2:
  • Installed OpenELEC XBMC 3.2.4 (Frodo) on the bedroom ZBox (wireless connection)
  • Created an "advancedsetting.xml" file with the correct IP (192.168.0.106), User (JefCel), and Password (JefCel)

STEP 3:
  • Set up fileshares and scraped library on bedroom ZBox
  • The MySQL library in Disk 1 seemed to grow in size (good!)

STEP 4:
  • Realized that I should have installed MySQL to the Cache Drive instead of Disk 1
  • "Re-installed" MySQL on UnRaid on Cache. Strangely, I didn't see a way to uninstall MySQL from Disk1 in UnRaid, so both my Disk1 and Cache drives have a MySQL folder. I'm not sure if that's an issue or not.

STEP 5:
  • Completely reinstalled OpenELEC XBMC 3.2.4 (Frodo) on the bedroom ZBox
  • Created an "advancedsetting.xml" file with the correct IP (192.168.0.106), User (JefCel), and Password (JefCel)

STEP 6:
  • Set up fileshares and scraped library on bedroom ZBox
  • The MySQL library in Cache seemed to grow in size (good!)

STEP 7:
  • Installed OpenELEC XBMC 3.2.4 (Frodo) on the livingroom ZBox (wired connection)
  • Copied the "advancedsetting.xml" file from the bedroom ZBox to the Livingroom Zbox

STEP 8:
  • Booted the livingroom zbox and the bedroom library appeared -- yay!
  • Played a moving on livingroom ZBox, pressed stop, and checked to see that bedroom ZBox started the movie at that position. It worked -- awesome!

STEP 9:
  • Powered off the bedroom ZBox
  • Powered on the bedroom ZBox -- the library is gone Sad I can still see the fileshares, but the "TV Shows" and "Movies" libraries are completely empty

STEP 10:
  • Checked the boot log on the bedroom ZBox with the following result (showing errors): http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=113144
  • Strangely, the log is showing that the loaded "advancedsettings.xml" to has <user>USER</user> and <pass>PASSWORD</pass>, even though the XML file in the userdata folder has "JefCel". Even more strange is that the loaded IP address (192.168.0.106) is correct. Could the User and Pass be my problem since they don't align with the MySQL profile?
  • I tried deleting and creating a new XML file, but got the same thing in the log

So that's my problem -- are there any experts out there who can help me out? I would really appreciate the help Smile Please let me know if you need any more info!

Thanks!
(2014-01-21, 00:21)vifferfun Wrote: [*]The MySQL profile I set up has both the user and password set to "JefCel"

Most setup guides, including the one you supposedly followed, recommend creating a user "xbmc" with password "xbmc". If you're going off piste by creating or using your own users then you're probably on your own. Chances are you've not followed all of the instructions by doing it your own way.

I'd advise you to start again, and follow every instruction to the letter, and that way it should work.

From the look of your log, it doesn't look like the database has been created (correctly, maybe not at all), and this is either due to insufficient user permissions (that's why you use the recommended user "xbmc", as per the guides...) or you're using a incompatible version of MySQL (I think there are problems with 5.6, stick with 5.5).

(2014-01-21, 00:21)vifferfun Wrote: Strangely, the log is showing that the loaded "advancedsettings.xml" to has <user>USER</user> and <pass>PASSWORD</pass>
The log is anonymised for your safety/security...
Texture Cache Maintenance Utility: Preload your texture cache for optimal UI performance. Remotely manage media libraries. Purge unused artwork to free up space. Find missing media. Configurable QA check to highlight metadata issues. Aid in diagnosis of library and cache related problems.
Thanks for your reply!

(2014-01-21, 04:18)MilhouseVH Wrote: Most setup guides, including the one you supposedly followed, recommend creating a user "xbmc" with password "xbmc". If you're going off piste by creating or using your own users then you're probably on your own. Chances are you've not followed all of the instructions by doing it your own way.

The user name and password is the only way in which I differentiated from the instructions. I set it up that way because I wanted to have two or three databases in the future and thought it would be good to have descriptive names.

(2014-01-21, 04:18)MilhouseVH Wrote: I'd advise you to start again, and follow every instruction to the letter, and that way it should work.

From the look of your log, it doesn't look like the database has been created (correctly, maybe not at all), and this is either due to insufficient user permissions (that's why you use the recommended user "xbmc", as per the guides...) or you're using a incompatible version of MySQL (I think there are problems with 5.6, stick with 5.5).

If a solution based on my logs wasn't obvious to an expert (seems like it's not!), I was just going to start all over and try again. I will give this a try tonight and keep it simple with the "xbmc" User and Pass. A couple more questions:
  • I'm pretty confident that I set up the MySQL users and permissions correctly; however, if I messed up, how was I able to successfully get the library sharing to work until the ZBoxes were rebooted? I was able to stop and movie on one unit, and the other unit knew where I had left off.
  • Is there a way to check the version of MySQL that was installed? When in UnRaid, I couldn't find anything related to the version. I would like to use 5.5 because I have read about problems with 5.6
  • How do I completely uninstall MySQL from UnRaid? There is only a button to "reinstall" at a new target drive (which is what I did when I tried to move it from Disk1 to Cache, but now it is installed on both). I would like to uninstall from both Disk1 and Cache.

(2014-01-21, 04:18)MilhouseVH Wrote: The log is anonymised for your safety/security...

I figured that this was probably the case, but when I look at the logs posted by other uses, I can see the actual User and Pass values of "xbmc" in their logs. Perhaps my version of XBMC hides the User and Pass where as theirs doesn't?
Yes, that feature is relative new.
(2014-01-21, 21:20)Kib Wrote: Yes, that feature is relative new.

Thanks, that's good to know! At least that helps in the diagnosis, since I was confused why other users were posting logs that showed the actual username and password that they selected.

I think I need to start over from scratch and keep it simple like MilhouseVH suggested. The problem is -- how do I get back to scratch? I want to completely uninstall MySQL from Limetech Unraid "Disk1" and "Cache", but I'm not sure how to do it Sad
Thanks for your responses. I was able to get everything up and running by removing all traces of the UnMenu version of MySQL and installing the UnRaid plugin version of MySQL. I'm not sure why my original setup didn't work, but I'm guessing it has something to do with me changing he installation from Disk1 to Cache. Anyway, everything is up and running now so I'm happy!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC will not scrape centralized MySQL library0