No internet access.
I have followed the online instructions and setup the wifi values. the settings screen show my IP address OK (I set "fixed" at one stage but I have already set the router to give it a fixed one as well so I don't know if that's the problem). the System settings is showing internet "Not connected".

I have also set the HTTP setting on and put the DNS server as the IP router address. I have not set the uname/pwd on this screen though as I don't know what that means. Please note, I can access xbmc via my iPAD remote so I assume the internal network is working to it's IP address.

Anyone advise as to how I diagnose know? thanks.
Are you using RaspBMC?
Is your only connection wireless?

If so, and the ipad is using the wifi for connection, I don't see what could be going wrong apart from firewalling or some sort of block at the router. You'll probably need to post more info about your equipment setup to aid with diagnosis
Derek
I have the RaspPi from the PiHut with xbmc/elec preinstalled on a 32GB SSD. I have checked the router and the Pi is getting it's IP address OK. Using the wireless mini keyboard and the TV screen for xbmc navigates well. it's the openelec tab that reports no internet. the host name is still "openelec" WLAN, wlan0, static IP address set but overridden by router (I thnk), WLAN said set, EPA/wpa2, and pass phrase OK. I assume it is logged on to the router with that pwd as it does not complain! some more diagnostic suggestion welcome. Thanks.
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with the OpenElec arrangements for configuration and control - perhaps someone else can help
Derek
Here is some more info. Perhaps someone can help:

When I access openelec through the XBMC screens I have setup all the fields in the Network screen and I can access the unit from my local laptop via SSH putty. However in the system tab in openelec the internet status is "not connected, see network settings". and also on that screen the DNS is shown as itself IP 172.0.0.1 and does not seem to have recognised the WLAN0 setting. I am not sure what this screen should show. Can anyone advise and help me get internet access?
what do you get if you SSH in, and then run these commands?
ifconfig
route[i]

NB you may need to prefix the commands with [i]sudo
to get meaningful output
Derek
Thanks, (sudo gets "not found"!) I have done those commands as below. PS I have set the DNS server to my router IP is that right?

OpenELEC (official) Version: 3.0.6
[email protected]'s password:
openelec:~ # ifconfig
eth0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr B8:27:EB:3A:31:78
UP BROADCAST MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:0 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:0 (0.0 B) TX bytes:0 (0.0 B)

lo Link encap:Local Loopback
inet addr:127.0.0.1 Mask:255.0.0.0
inet6 addr: ::1/128 Scope:Host
UP LOOPBACK RUNNING MTU:16436 Metric:1
RX packets:55 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:55 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:0
RX bytes:5416 (5.2 KiB) TX bytes:5416 (5.2 KiB)

wlan0 Link encap:Ethernet HWaddr 00:0F:55:A6:72:80
inet addr:192.168.1.64 Bcast:192.168.1.255 Mask:255.255.255.0
inet6 addr: fe80::20f:55ff:fea6:7280/64 Scope:Link
UP BROADCAST RUNNING MULTICAST MTU:1500 Metric:1
RX packets:595 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 frame:0
TX packets:258 errors:0 dropped:0 overruns:0 carrier:0
collisions:0 txqueuelen:1000
RX bytes:55560 (54.2 KiB) TX bytes:35459 (34.6 KiB)

openelec:~ # route
Kernel IP routing table
Destination Gateway Genmask Flags Metric Ref Use Iface
default * 0.0.0.0 U 0 0 0 wlan0
192.168.1.0 * 255.255.255.0 U 0 0 0 wlan0
openelec:~ #
I'm not sure about the 'default' line - doesn't seem to have a 'proper' gateway set, but is using the correct interface (wlan0).
If you know the address of your router and iPad, you could try pinging them,
and also try pinging an external address which requires DNS resolution (I use google.be, as I know that responds).
I'd like to suggest a route tracing trial, but don't know the command to effect one of these
Derek

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No internet access.0