Problem with DVD-menu
Hello there,
hope this is the right place for my concern. Blush
The thing is following: I'm not shure, that you are aware, that the integrated DVD-player has problems with the menus of some DVDs.
I have the DVDs as DVD-ISOs on the server and stream them to my media-PC with XBMC. Nearly all of them work out very well, but 2 of them don't even start. When i start one of them, i got only a black screen and sometimes XBMC even crashes.
With other mediaplayers, such as VLC (win, linux) or mplayer (linux), or hardwareplayer like the Mede8er 600 there is no problem to playback the ISOs.
To get specific:
The films are: "monsters university" and "the neverending story" both in the german version.

What do you think - is it possible to fix the XBMC DVD-player?

EDIT:
I tried the Linux- and Windows-Version of XBMC --> same result!
Maybe if you provide a Debug log (wiki) or if a dev owns one of these dvds.
Well, here are the logs. Hope they can help, i can't see anything there... Tongue

debug xbmc.log
XBMC crashlog

I tried to start "monsters university" but this time the film just did not start, no black screen. XBMC crashed after i sent the logs...
Strange, maybe it is related to these nfs errors. Can yo try to play the file from a local storage, please?
Hmmm, you are right - a lot of errors. Confused
Amazing, that XBMC runs very stable here, only this two ISOs cause problems.

I will try to play the file from local storage this evening.
OK, just tested:
the iso from usb-stick plays perfect with mplayer, but does not playback with XBMC.
XBMC shows very much the same behaviour as if i play the file with nfs from the nas.
Ok, can you open a ticket at http://trac.xbmc.org and add me to cc, please?
Attach (or link) the log files, also the log from the usb try. I think it would be helpful if you could provide a sample. For that rip off everything that makes the iso big, like the main movie. Thanks in advance.
Puhh,
not that easy to open a ticket...

I made a small ISO from the film "neverending story" but it is still way too big - 330MB. More than 5MB are not allowed to be sent with the ticket.
I am sorry about that. Confused
dropbox?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Not a bad idea! Nod

ISO at dropbox

I hope you have access to the file - my experience with dropbox is marginal...

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Problem with DVD-menu0