Wanting to contribute
Learned C++ in college and really been a professional java developer for a number of years in the finance industry. About the farthest away you can be from XBMC. But I've been using XBMC for a while and quite honestly I love the space.

I know this has been asked before but I'm new to public contributions and GitHub but was wondering if you are still open to taking on new developers and perhaps you can guide me in the right direction? I'll need some time to get my head around things since I'm a bit rusty in C++ and I've never touch Python.
People are usually very happy to help out new people. Generally though, we like new folk to try to start by identifying something, either a feature missing or a problem that needs fixing, and providing a solution in code. Once you've found something to work on, and started offering it up, people will almostly certainly help you with any mistakes.
If you're wanting to get stuck into some bug hunting (it's often a useful way to see how the code interacts, by reproducing a bug, finding corresponding code, and stepping through to see what is going wrong) then take a look here:

http://trac.xbmc.org/query?status=assign...r=priority

Don't worry too much if someone is assigned - just pick it up and take a look. Worst case someone else will fix it before you do. Best case you'll fix it and learn stuff in the process Smile

Look forward to see what you come up with.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Wanting to contribute0