• 11(current)
Mod reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)
Thanks a lot for the theme, this is awesome! Is there some way to browse movies by country, maybe through a sub menu for movies? Also it would be nice to disable pressing left on the main menu to bring up the shutdown window. Thanks!
I don't use a Pi at the moment, but a Intel NUC. So it's not such slow. And because of the big font and a 26'' tv I'm using reFocus BIG as standard. But the thing is ... in reFocus BIG the time from menu item to the content in the moment is very slow (6 - 7 seconds in reFocus BIG, 1 second or so in reFocus light). Because of this I want to swap to reFocus light. But some thing of reFocus BIG I miss hardly: The lovely extrafanart slideshows in the gallery view. I know that it's a light skin, but ... can't you reimplent it for the time reFocus BIG isn't optimated for Gotham? That would be great! Smile
Will there be any updates to this? I'm just wondering. There doesn't seem to be much activity on github or this thread
No answer on my both questions 3 posts earlier please?
(2014-05-27, 18:21)mikeb93 Wrote: Will there be any updates to this? I'm just wondering. There doesn't seem to be much activity on github or this thread

I'm sorry for not posting anything regarding this skin project in the last couple of weeks. I just finished all my exams so I have plenty of time now :) I'm already having some updates in the pipe which will be available in the next couple of days. stay tuned

(2014-05-13, 22:36)jiserra Wrote: Great skin! Question… is there any way to get working the RSS news? Or they aren't supported in this skin?

it was removed a long time ago, because the RSS feed involves a bunch of code lines and always causes quite a lot of CPU load on the RasPi, because animations (in this case the scrolling feed) is very resource-hungry. hopefully you can live without it..

(2014-05-16, 12:33)tsubasa42 Wrote: Hello, :angel:

I'm really enjoying by reFocus light really fluent and manageable (Favorites + Playlists in Home Menu really excellent to personnalize) .
I just have 2 questions about it.

1) When I'm in the movie menu, I first see the Fan Art (or poster) behind all jackets (poster from the movie selected) but 1 second later a blue wallpaper comes over the Fan Art as a background. I see in transparency the jacket behind but I would like to see only the jacket and not to have this blue wallpaper. I don't manage to remove it with options. :huh:

2) On the Home Menu, how can I see posters randomly from movies inside the category instead of a fix wallpaper?

I hope you will be able to make reFocus light perfect for me :grin:

thanks for your kind words. glad you enjoy using it:)
about your questions:

1) are you talking about the Landscape view? I'm currently working on this view, because it is horribly outdated and buggy atm. this is what I have achieved so far (still WIP):

you can expect to see more in the next days or so.

2) i don't think so. you could only create a folder with a bunch of movie fanarts and use this folder as a background for the movies menu. (Settings → Skin Settings → Customize Backgrounds → Movies → Set Background Folder) you get the idea:

(2014-05-16, 22:34)rubin110 Wrote: Thanks a lot for the theme, this is awesome! Is there some way to browse movies by country, maybe through a sub menu for movies? Also it would be nice to disable pressing left on the main menu to bring up the shutdown window. Thanks!

the shutdown menu on the left is a feature. you don't have to use it if you don't want it.

currently you can browse movies by country by opening up the movies menu (titles by default). then press back on your remote or backspace on the keyboard and choose "country". maybe I'll add this to the movie submenu as well, thanks for the suggestion.

(2014-05-20, 23:08)newsilentsilver Wrote: I don't use a Pi at the moment, but a Intel NUC. So it's not such slow. And because of the big font and a 26'' tv I'm using reFocus BIG as standard. But the thing is ... in reFocus BIG the time from menu item to the content in the moment is very slow (6 - 7 seconds in reFocus BIG, 1 second or so in reFocus light). Because of this I want to swap to reFocus light. But some thing of reFocus BIG I miss hardly: The lovely extrafanart slideshows in the gallery view. I know that it's a light skin, but ... can't you reimplent it for the time reFocus BIG isn't optimated for Gotham? That would be great! :)

sorry, the main purpose of this fork is to use less resources than the original reFocus BIG skin. that's why the extrafanart options were removed and I won't re-add them in the near future..it simply wouldn't accomplish this goal. sorry mate :( hopefully you can still enjoy this skin without the extrafanarts
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2014-06-02, 22:50)freem@n Wrote: I'm sorry for not posting anything regarding this skin project in the last couple of weeks. I just finished all my exams so I have plenty of time now Smile I'm already having some updates in the pipe which will be available in the next couple of days. stay tuned

Great news, can't wait for the update! Big Grin
Glad to hear this is not dead Smile

Is there a possibility to see the current progress of the movie when pressing the menu button? It is kind of bugging me having to press pause to see how much time progressed...
Hey freem@n, your skin is working just great on my pi. It's slick, fast and looks great. I only have one thing missing at the moment and I know it's rare, but could you add a flag/symbol/mark to point out 3D movies (I have tagged my movies with the .3D. tag in the filename and skins like Aeon MQ or Back Row recognize it like this: http://i.imgur.com/jfFNzGx.jpg ). At the moment it is a 50/50 chance to start the correct movie because as of now refocus doesn't make a destinction in this case.
Despite that, all is fine Wink (at least for me)
Hey, thanks for the skin - I love that you did a light version of one that's beautiful and easy to read.

A few questions since I did an update to the version for Gotham:

1. There used to be a grey highlight that appeared underneath a menu item when you selected it. Now the only thing differentiating a selected item is the text appears in black (whereas all the unselected ones are white). I don't really have a problem with this, but on some of the screens when the background is dark, it can be really hard to see the menu item selected at all. Was this intentional, or is mine broken?
2. The Weather feature used to have a background photo and I think the dates in each column of upcoming weather - now it looks really plain (just white text on black, with small clouds/suns etc to show the weather). Same question - was this intentional, or is mine broken?
3. There was a theme in the Frodo version that I really liked, it was the Wooden one - how do I go about downloading and including it?

And finally, when I tried to downgrade to the Frodo theme I got an error saying "Dependencies not met" - any chance you can shed any light on that?

Thanks! Once again, great work - just looking to understand my skin is at and what I might be able to do to tweak it.
(2014-06-03, 17:42)barenaked Wrote: Hey freem@n, your skin is working just great on my pi. It's slick, fast and looks great. I only have one thing missing at the moment and I know it's rare, but could you add a flag/symbol/mark to point out 3D movies (I have tagged my movies with the .3D. tag in the filename and skins like Aeon MQ or Back Row recognize it like this: http://i.imgur.com/jfFNzGx.jpg ). At the moment it is a 50/50 chance to start the correct movie because as of now refocus doesn't make a destinction in this case.
Despite that, all is fine Wink (at least for me)

thanks for your feedback. If anyone can send me a reFocus-style 3D flag (png image) than I could include this feature, but otherwise I'm unable to do this, because I can't create it on my own Sad sorry, but even the new version of reFocus from the original creator Jeroen doesn't have a 3D flag yet.

(2014-06-15, 03:09)missingmarbles Wrote: Hey, thanks for the skin - I love that you did a light version of one that's beautiful and easy to read.

A few questions since I did an update to the version for Gotham:

1. There used to be a grey highlight that appeared underneath a menu item when you selected it. Now the only thing differentiating a selected item is the text appears in black (whereas all the unselected ones are white). I don't really have a problem with this, but on some of the screens when the background is dark, it can be really hard to see the menu item selected at all. Was this intentional, or is mine broken?
2. The Weather feature used to have a background photo and I think the dates in each column of upcoming weather - now it looks really plain (just white text on black, with small clouds/suns etc to show the weather). Same question - was this intentional, or is mine broken?
3. There was a theme in the Frodo version that I really liked, it was the Wooden one - how do I go about downloading and including it?

And finally, when I tried to downgrade to the Frodo theme I got an error saying "Dependencies not met" - any chance you can shed any light on that?

Thanks! Once again, great work - just looking to understand my skin is at and what I might be able to do to tweak it.

1 & 2: can you send me screenshots of your problem via PN? this way it would be easier to understand what you mean. for example I don't use the weather menu myself.
the additional themes were removed in this commit: https://github.com/freeman212/skin.refoc...adba22fc7b
however you can of course reenable every theme by downloading the corresponding *.xml containing the colors and the *.xbt containing the images. in your case you have to download the wood.xml to the "colors" folder inside the skin folder and you need to have the wood.xbt in the "media" folder.

the Frodo theme of course doesn't work in Gotham. Since the Gotham Betas the Frodo version of reFocus light is no longer maintained.
I've got a little problem:

On Gallery View, the show i have currently selected would not show the picture, the shows next to the selected show the picture fine.
Only on selection, the picture disappears and i am stuck with a blue background

any ideas?
(2014-06-19, 22:24)mikeb93 Wrote: I've got a little problem:

On Gallery View, the show i have currently selected would not show the picture, the shows next to the selected show the picture fine.
Only on selection, the picture disappears and i am stuck with a blue background

any ideas?
don't worry, I'm gonna rebuild the gallery view in the next couple of days Smile stay tuned
OK, thanks.

I'm wondering if you could speed up the skin a bit more...
Maybe reduce the animations when changing screens...?
(2014-05-16, 12:33)tsubasa42 Wrote: 2) On the Home Menu, how can I see posters randomly from movies inside the category instead of a fix wallpaper?
You can yes, but it's not ideal for performance on a Pi. I haven't tested it in Gotham, but in Frodo there was a noticeable delay when cycling through menu items set to use random fan art. Normally when you cycle a static menu XBMC caches art as it loads them. Since they don't change subsequent views are pulled from cache, using a random file means you are not reading from cache in most cases.

Here's how you do it:
1. Download http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=109304 and extract your library's to a folder.
2. Follow the steps from freem@n to set the background folder for that item to the location you extracted to.
it's finally time to release an update:

reFocus light v1.0.0

Changelog since v0.90.4:
  • improved Thumbnail views
  • additional code cleanup
    → should improve overall stability
  • changes to "List" and "List Single Row" views, e.g. new Rating flag
  • removed BigList view
  • fixed home background transition
  • removed Slide view animations → amplification of highlighted item is now hardcoded
  • removed "toast" popup overlay on fullscreen, because video playback used
    to stutter
  • always show progress bar on playback info overlay (as requested by @mikeb93)
  • Landscape Thumb and Portrait Fanart views reworked (use resolution flags, use landscape artwork, ...)
  • minor cosmetic changes on different views

as this is the first update since the relase of XBMC Gotham Final I thought it was time to change the version number to 1.0.0

I have also created a custom repository which you can install in xbmc. from there you can easily download the skin. whenever there is a skin update (with new version number) it will be downloaded and installed automatically.

here you can download the zip file to install "freem@n's add-on repo": https://github.com/freeman212/xbmc.repo....p?raw=true
hope you like it :)
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)8