• 12(current)
Mod reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)

After your update I still experience this problem you see in the screenshot above.

No view will picture the fanart. It's just showing nothing at all.
and since the update, the adjacent Shows picture the poster or something like that instead.

I am using the latest helix milhouse build. maybe there is something in there causing this...

speaking of helix: when playing a video file, navigating to the audio and subtitles settings doesn't show anything.
Without change all, something temporary replacement, has to wait for the skinner will have changes its code, you can put this. change
replace the code line 69 and 107 into viewGallery.xml

with this code:
<texture background="true">$VAR[view_Landscape.Thumb]</texture>

But I think Helix is not entirely consistent, steady prefer gotham 13.1
I don't mind to change the code myself. Smile Thanks for the tip, Reynald
(2014-06-23, 18:54)Reynald Wrote: Without change all, something temporary replacement, has to wait for the skinner will have changes its code, you can put this. change
replace the code line 69 and 107 into viewGallery.xml
with this code:
<texture background="true">$VAR[view_Landscape.Thumb]</texture>

thanks mate. :)

@mikeb93: the next update which addresses the gallery view problems you experienced is already in the pipe, but before I publish the code I want to tweak a couple of things. expect this to be ready for prime time tomorrow. just install my repository which I mentioned in my last post and you will be prompted to update your skin as soon as the update arrives ;-)

EDIT: the first post is now updated and contains the new repository.zip-file
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
(2014-06-23, 22:14)freem@n Wrote: @mikeb93: the next update which addresses the gallery view problems you experienced is already in the pipe, but before I publish the code I want to tweak a couple of things. expect this to be ready for prime time tomorrow. just install my repository which I mentioned in my last post and you will be prompted to update your skin as soon as the update arrives ;-)

EDIT: the first post is now updated and contains the new repository.zip-file

I already added your repository Smile
Thanks

a little off topic: anyone knows how i could map a key with the OSD? I tried to map the yellow remote control key to "OSD" but with this mapping the controls for pause, skip (etc..) pops up instead...
(2014-06-24, 11:51)mikeb93 Wrote: a little off topic: anyone knows how i could map a key with the OSD? I tried to map the yellow remote control key to "OSD" but with this mapping the controls for pause, skip (etc..) pops up instead...

this is correct. GUI=on screen controls (play, pause, ff, rw, ...)
if you want the FullscreenInfo overlay you have to map "info" to your yellow remote button.
(2014-06-24, 13:44)freem@n Wrote: this is correct. GUI=on screen controls (play, pause, ff, rw, ...)
if you want the FullscreenInfo overlay you have to map "info" to your yellow remote button.

Still not working, opens up the music library ...

didn't close the "remote" tag.... now it's working
Hi, is iT possible for when loading pages now it says "working" . . . This be like a percent % counter?
Great skin. Looking beautifl and I'm gonna use it.

I know this is an issue of the origin reFocus Big theme... but have you planned supporting mouse controls? I have a customized media center with a touchscreen control but it does not work with this skin.
  • Mouse on home screen has an offset to the top
  • Mouse on other screens is on the right position but the elements are not clickable

Any plans for that? Or any clues what to change? Will you accept pull requests to get it rigt?

I have also some delays:
  • booting the media center. Its black for 20 seconds. Possible to show a loading image?
  • Blue background with lights needs 2secs on every new window
(2014-06-30, 12:07)webstar Wrote:

Yeah, noticed this, too. Is there any way to make the background image any "lighter". Or even just set the background to a solid blue color as an option?
(2014-06-30, 18:32)mikeb93 Wrote:
(2014-06-30, 12:07)webstar Wrote:

Yeah, noticed this, too. Is there any way to make the background image any "lighter". Or even just set the background to a solid blue color as an option?

I've made an optimized jpg version of the background image (default theme) a few weeks ago. however I haven't had the time to test it and compare it to the background.png. Moreover I haven't noticed this behaviour on my raspberry pi, so it may be an issue with your specific platform.
I can look into it when I'm back at home next weekend.
Most of the images are taken directly from refocus big and are very large in size, these can be compressed using panda without any significant drop in quality. Maybe when fanaart overlay is disabled the background could use a jpg instead of a transparent png that can't be compressed.
If you need transparency, this is a great online compression tool for PNG's: tinypng.com

background.png (blue) compresses from 1.3MB to 492kb. JPG would probably go even lower.

The original author may have used high resolutions since you can flip the GUI from 720p to 1080p in some distributions.
Excellent skin, makes for a great XBMC experience on Raspberry Pi. Smile

Is there any chance to add TV Tunes support to it? I made the XML changes listed on the TVTunes Wiki page and added a new "Use TV Tunes Addon" setting to the skin settings on my own and it seems to be working alright. I have no experience with XBMC skin development though and might be missing something. Would be nice to have this in the skin right from the start.
guys im getting this error when I install repo :
" add-on does not have the correct structure"

im running XBMC 13.2.1 on my raspberry pi using RaspBMC
  • 12(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)8