• 2(current)
Mod reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)
I was using refocus big on my pi. Going to try this tonight. Looks good.
TV Mosaic on Windows 10 as PVR Backend |  1 RaspberryPI 3 Client (LibreElec) | Amazon FireTV box | 5 Amazon FireTV sticks | FireTV Cube | 2 Nvidia Shield TV
Tuners: HD HomeRun 4 ATSC (OTA) | IPTV
I found a Gotham branch on your Github page. Is that not ready for prime time yet?
(2014-02-04, 02:19)Scott00007 Wrote: I found a Gotham branch on your Github page. Is that not ready for prime time yet?

well, it's already there but it's just a link to the official reFocus BIG [Gotham development]-branch. so there is basically zero optimization for the RasPi because I haven't pushed my code to this branch as you can see on the commits page. I'm sorry, but you'll have to wait a bit. but at least I have installed Gotham on my testing machine(s) already, so I can keep pushing forward in the next days ;-)
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
Great! Thanks for the information.
here you go:

reFocus light → Gotham Preview Download
  • the new Subtitles search engine is included
  • it's very early development, so expect rough edges ;-)

Installation Instructions for Gotham:
Simply download the zip from the link above, rename it to skin.refocus.light.zip, then transfer it to your Raspberry Pi and choose "Install from zip file" inside the Settings→Add-ons menu.

If you have git installed on your system (not available for OE) you should clone the repository directly from GitHub because it is than way faster and easier to update to new versions in the future. to do so log in via SSH, navigate to your XBMC-addons folder and run
Code:
git clone https://github.com/freeman212/skin.refocus.light -b gotham
to update later execute git pull origin gotham inside the skin folder.
I am taking the new Gotham build for a spin and I have noticed that I cannot add a favourite to the home screen like I can in Refocus Big.......intentional? to speed things up or just not enabled yet?

I know it's a new thing....just wondering?

Also, I don't see the need for a "system" option on the home screen. I know that some of the modded confluence skins allow you to hide the system menu option in the "quit" option on the home screen which makes sense to me. I quit everyday but after setting things up I seldom need the system menu.
Last thing for today....I like the font choice...yours and refocus Big...but I don't like how the first letters in the home menu are not capitalized.....not a big deal but the option or a similar font that does it would be great.

Thank you so much for your work......I have tried most of the available skins and have spent a lot of time trying to get it to look like your skin just does.....Thank you Thank you Thank you....I look forward to the updates!!!!
(2014-02-06, 07:20)Scott00007 Wrote: I am taking the new Gotham build for a spin and I have noticed that I cannot add a favourite to the home screen like I can in Refocus Big.......intentional? to speed things up or just not enabled yet?

I'm sorry, but what do you exactly mean by "add a favourite to the home screen". I can add something to my favourites and it appears just fine when I click the "favourites" menu on the home screen.

(2014-02-06, 07:20)Scott00007 Wrote: Also, I don't see the need for a "system" option on the home screen. I know that some of the modded confluence skins allow you to hide the system menu option in the "quit" option on the home screen which makes sense to me. I quit everyday but after setting things up I seldom need the system menu.

this option was originally there but when I started development someone sent me negative reponse because he couldn't go to the Settings so I disabled it. However I have rebuilt this function and added it again, so you can go to the Home Menu Options inside the Skin Settings to hide the system menu or just open the Shutdown Menu (press left on Home screen) where you also have the option to show/hide the "system" option.

(2014-02-06, 07:32)Scott00007 Wrote: Last thing for today....I like the font choice...yours and refocus Big...but I don't like how the first letters in the home menu are not capitalized.....not a big deal but the option or a similar font that does it would be great.

Thank you so much for your work......I have tried most of the available skins and have spent a lot of time trying to get it to look like your skin just does.....Thank you Thank you Thank you....I look forward to the updates!!!!

as you can see I pushed quite a bunch of commits to the Gotham branch today :)

I'm happy to announce that you can now change the Home screen font to show the items with capitalized letters. To do this you need to go in the Settings first. from there →Skin Settings→Customize Home Menu→Global→Select "Capitalize letters ...."

trakt.tv users can also enjoy the new Rating Window which doesn't look like Confluence anymore ;-) but keep in mind that it is very limited support for now, things like the trakt List Manager haven't been implemented yet.

Thanks for your kind words. Hope you enjoy the new features.
Hi, that's a great idea you had for this skin! Thanks for taking the time to code it.

I'm on an ATV2. I've installed refocus light on it by simply downloading the .ZIP file and uploading the folder it contains into the /xbmc/addons directory. I'm running Frodo 12.3 btw.

One question--in reFocus BIG, I was able to set the skin settings so that the Home page shows a fanart slideshow, rather than a single static background that changes depending on which menu item is highlighted. It was the "Custom Slideshow" option under "Customize Backgrounds", in the Artwork settings area. Is that functionality removed in this light version, or am I just missing it somewhere?
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
@canadave: yes, it has been removed because main purpose of this mod is to reduce the footprint of the skin and provide some new functions. and Fanart slideshow causes pretty high cpu load without even doing anything else. hope you enjoy this skin anyways ;-)
oh ok, no worries, I figured as much. I may not be able to switch to it permanently, since the custom slideshow is a big hit with my wife, but maybe when she's not around I might switch to your mod just for kicks Smile
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
Wow, that was fast ! Thanks !
reFocus - Simply the best
(2014-02-07, 18:19)Galefury Wrote: Wow, that was fast ! Thanks !

yeah, I'm sick at home, so I basically need to do at least a bit.. otherwise I'm gonna die while being lazy in my bed :P but there's still a LOT of work to do in order to make everything play nicely with Gotham. next week I will have less (no) time to do skin coding so I do it now ;-)
By favorite I mean that I could add something to my favorites, say a certain playlist or season of a tv show and then I would have the option to add a custom home screen item which would allow me to pick any of the things that I had favorited and put that on my home screen. If I am still being unclear I can update you with the exact path used in ReFocus Big.
@Scott00007: I'm gonna contact you about this problem directly.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)8