• 3(current)
Mod reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)
I might just be missing this but in both your excellent skin and ReFocus Big I cannot find how an "update library" option anywhere. On most skins there is the option on the slide out menu on the left hand side of if not the home screen then in the TV Shows/Movies sections.
in Gotham the "update Library" button was removed from the context menu. however I moved it yesterday to the side menu and pushed several other updates to the Gotham branch as well. so you should definitely update to the latest version and try again.
here you can keep track of what's new: https://github.com/freeman212/skin.refoc...its/gotham
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
I don't know if this has been fixed, but in 2 row banners the title of the show in upper left corner is missing. The same goes for covers view. Also, 360 MB ? It's a little big for a skin, doesn't it ? I deleted all the themes and the ubuntu fonts and droped around 60 MB. Better.
reFocus - Simply the best
@Galefury: You are absolutely right and it's my biggest concern regarding this skin at the moment. But I can confirm that this is my next target. unfortunately I'm pretty busy this week so it can take a bit longer than usual.
I don't know the work involved so I don't want to seem like a jerk....but can't themes be an extra download? The main skin comes with the main theme and then others can work on others?
Agreed (and ditto the sentiment about not wanting to seem like a jerk...just curious about this issue too). I've never quite understood why all the themes were included in the various flavours of reFocus, rather than being some kind of optional download.
- Amazon FireTV Stick 4K running latest stable Kodi version
- Sony Bravia XBR-x900h Android TV running latest stable Kodi version
- Skin: Aeon Nox: SiLVO
I seem to be unable to get the .zip file that I download from github (Gotham) to install via the "install from zip file" option in XBMC. I get an error message stating that the file is not in the correct structure. If I unzip the file and put the resulting folder in the addon folder of XBMC I can then use the skin. I am just wondering if doing it this way can cause any issues?
The skin keeps getting better and better! I love that I can have capital letters and the update library option is much appreciated. I would really like to be able to add a custom home item though. I would like to have the option to put YouTube right on the home screen without having to go through an additional menu like addon's or favorites.

I have noticed an issue with starting up XBMC and not having the skin load (it just stays at the black XBMC start up screen) and then my screensaver starts and when I go back everything is back to normal....if it keeps happening I will upload a log file.
thanks for your feedback, guys. I really appreciate it. Smile
Happily the week has almost come to an end for me so I can do some work in the skin this weekend. please be patient until then ;-)
I have contacted Scott directly in order to fix the bugs he came up with.
I love this skin. One question, do you think it would be even more snappier if all the fade animations were disable (or at least switched to slide)?
(2014-02-10, 10:02)freem@n Wrote: @Galefury: You are absolutely right and it's my biggest concern regarding this skin at the moment. But I can confirm that this is my next target. unfortunately I'm pretty busy this week so it can take a bit longer than usual.

Yeah. it'd be perfect if you ditched all of the themes and made is so we can set our own universal bg for the sections where the bg is pulled from the .xbt, and also gave a 'change font colour' option.
First, I'd like to thank you all for the feedback :)
some of the requests will be included as soon as I have enough time; most likely next week when I have winter holidays or even this weekend. It will be quite some work so please be patient ;)

(2014-02-11, 05:28)Scott00007 Wrote: I don't know the work involved so I don't want to seem like a jerk....but can't themes be an extra download? The main skin comes with the main theme and then others can work on others?
(2014-02-11, 06:25)canadave Wrote: Agreed (and ditto the sentiment about not wanting to seem like a jerk...just curious about this issue too). I've never quite understood why all the themes were included in the various flavours of reFocus, rather than being some kind of optional download.

I agree, sure thing. I think I'll leave Default reFocus and reAlaskaDark (perhaps also reAlaska) because I like them the most. the other ones will be removed, I'm sure most of them aren't used that often anyways.

(2014-02-12, 16:25)Scott00007 Wrote: I seem to be unable to get the .zip file that I download from github (Gotham) to install via the "install from zip file" option in XBMC. I get an error message stating that the file is not in the correct structure. If I unzip the file and put the resulting folder in the addon folder of XBMC I can then use the skin. I am just wondering if doing it this way can cause any issues?

no, there shouldn't be any issues. the "git clone" method is de facto the same. however the zip installation should work. I'll take a look.

(2014-02-13, 09:39)tinnyskillz Wrote: I love this skin. One question, do you think it would be even more snappier if all the fade animations were disable (or at least switched to slide)?

there are many animations left at the moment that need optimization (trim down to the key elements). It is on my todo list but it's not the first entry ;-)

(2014-02-13, 12:52)postdeath Wrote: Yeah. it'd be perfect if you ditched all of the themes and made is so we can set our own universal bg for the sections where the bg is pulled from the .xbt, and also gave a 'change font colour' option.

not sure what you mean, because there is no .xbt in this skin. the home screen backgrounds can be changed pretty easily (Skin Settings->Customize Backgrounds). if you want to enable the option "use original wallpaper" on every view but instead use your own wallpaper you could just replace media/backgrounds/background.png
I won't include a 'change font colour' setting because the skin can't be >light< when there is such a very high level of customization. If you want to change the font colors manually you should take a look at the Defaults.xml file inside the "colors" folder (assuming that you currently use standard reFocus theme)
Great to hear that the themes will be trimmed down. I think that ReAlaska is worth leaving in if you want my two cents.

I will give the .zip file again after the next updates.

Everything is running fantastically!
(2014-02-13, 19:23)freem@n Wrote:
(2014-02-13, 12:52)postdeath Wrote: Yeah. it'd be perfect if you ditched all of the themes and made is so we can set our own universal bg for the sections where the bg is pulled from the .xbt, and also gave a 'change font colour' option.
not sure what you mean, because there is no .xbt in this skin. the home screen backgrounds can be changed pretty easily (Skin Settings->Customize Backgrounds). if you want to enable the option "use original wallpaper" on every view but instead use your own wallpaper you could just replace media/backgrounds/background.png
I won't include a 'change font colour' setting because the skin can't be >light< when there is such a very high level of customization. If you want to change the font colors manually you should take a look at the Defaults.xml file inside the "colors" folder (assuming that you currently use standard reFocus theme)

I mean the black flower.xbt etc in the media folder, I assumed that they held the individual theme backgrounds. I didn't realise that the standard reFocus theme pulled the background from media/backgrounds, though - thanks for the info, it helps a ton Smile

Edit: Using the standard reFocus theme and my own custom background.png, I have made it look exactly as I wanted - thanks so much for the help. I just need to tweak the secondary text colour a little and it'll be perfect.
Great news, everyone!

Today I had the time to do some work on the skin again. I've just pushed several commits to the Gotham branch that dramatically reduce the size of the skin. I've managed to reduce the size of the media folder by over 50%. approximately 3000 images as well as all extra themes, except for reAlaska(dark) have been removed; but don't worry, everything should look the same ;-) the fonts are also updated with a reduced file size of 96%.

to sum it up: the skin now takes up only one third of the disk space it used before! I recommend a fresh install or pull the changes if you installed it with the "git clone"-mehtod

hope you guys enjoy it as much as I do :)
  • 3(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)8