• 8(current)
Mod reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)
I'm new to xbmc and the raspi. Your mod is really awesome!!! Could you tell me how to activate the realaska dark theme?
I cannot find it in Settings -> Appearance -> Theme. Do i have to install realaska dark theme and where can i find it?

Is it possible that you can add the "slider" in the pause menu to the info menu when palying movies? That whould be a nice feature for me.

Sorry for my bad language, i hope you understand what i mean. English is not my native language.
(2014-03-02, 18:22)centrec43 Wrote: I'm new to xbmc and the raspi. Your mod is really awesome!!! Could you tell me how to activate the realaska dark theme?
I cannot find it in Settings -> Appearance -> Theme. Do i have to install realaska dark theme and where can i find it?

welcome to the community. you have chosen the best media center software (and the best skin Tongue) in the world ;-)
realaska dark should be there. I am actually using it all the time. you don't have to install anything else, just the skin itself.
since it isn't there for you (I assume you double checked after a reboot) can you please tell me which xbmc version and skin version you are running? which installation method did you choose?

(2014-03-02, 18:22)centrec43 Wrote: Is it possible that you can add the "slider" in the pause menu to the info menu when palying movies? That whould be a nice feature for me.

Sorry for my bad language, i hope you understand what i mean. English is not my native language.

no problem. it's not mine, either ;-)

you mean the progress bar at the bottom, right?
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
Thanks for the warm welcome Smile .

Yes i mean the progressbar at the bottom. Would be nice to add it to the info screen when viewing movies.

I use XBian 1.0 Beta 2 (XBMC 12.x). I have downloaded the zip file from your git site and put it on my rasperry pi (/home/xbian/.xbmc/addons/) and extracted it. After that i did a reboot.
I can choose everything and it works well, but there is no dark theme. Maybe i did a mistake in the installationprocedure?
@centrec43: I'll send you a PM, sir ;-)
Great skin, I created an account just to say thanks. I'm using this on my "G-Box Mx2" and it runs great.
This skin is great! Honestly the only issue I've found locally is with the contextual menu (C when watching TV). The channel logos provided by the WMC backend get severely distorted if they're not perfectly square.

Otherwise, I think you've captured the essence of refocus and dramatically improved the performance. Nice work.
thanks guys for the kind words!

@deletedpenguin: can you please send me a screenshot via PM? I am using a different PVR Addon and everything is fine... the aspect ratio of those logos is also set to keep.
This is a small thing but the check mark for watched shows is pointing the wrong way. It looks weird but has not impact on anything else.
(2014-03-07, 05:44)Scott00007 Wrote: This is a small thing but the check mark for watched shows is pointing the wrong way. It looks weird but has not impact on anything else.

which viewtype do you mean and on which exact level (e.g. tv shows/seasons/episodes level)?
Excellent skin for the Raspberry Pi. Much more responsive than any other skin i've tried.

Scott00007 mentioned earlier that on boot the skin does not load and it seems to stay at a complete black screen. I am experiencing the same thing. Black screen on boot after the XBMC loading screen. It reports CEC connecting message in the corner for a few seconds then back to a black screen. After several seconds hitting enter and back space a few times seems to get the skin to wake up and come to life.

Any ideas?

I'm running the raspberry pi off an NFS share if it matters. I can provide log files, or whatever you need just let me know.

This very well could be my new favourite skin for home use. Awesome work!
@Appletalk: which OS are you using on your RPi and please report the skin version as well. when you have a log file upload it to xbmclogs and send me a PM please.
Well Freem@n it seems that you have worked what I can only assume is VooDoo lol.....or maybe late night posts after a few adult beverages things look upside down lol.

The check marks are all fine......sorry for the false alarm.
(2014-03-08, 03:55)Appletalk Wrote: Scott00007 mentioned earlier that on boot the skin does not load and it seems to stay at a complete black screen. I am experiencing the same thing. Black screen on boot after the XBMC loading screen. It reports CEC connecting message in the corner for a few seconds then back to a black screen. After several seconds hitting enter and back space a few times seems to get the skin to wake up and come to life.
Are you running one of MilhouseVH's Gotham test builds? How recently did you install the skin?

The Gotham builds after 02/20 include changes to the skinning engine. Frodo seems to handle errors in skins better than Gotham does now, I found quite a few bracket mismatches in conditions that didn't cause issues in Frodo but broke Gotham (black screen). I fixed most of them when I pushed custom menu items to freem@n but I have a few more in my repo that will be pushed in the near future. I'm working on another optimization that I'd like to get working before I push again.

Please do the following: update to the latest Gotham release, update the skin (if you downloaded it a while ago), delete guisettings.xml and reboot. If you still experience black screens, turn on Debugging in Settings and reboot. Navigate to the screen that was black and if it's still an issue post your log (pastebin or whatever) and I'll take a look.
@freem@n @spjonez

Hello,

I am running OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 1, which includes XBMC 13 Beta 1. The skin I downloaded and installed yesterday, so it should be current.

Even more strange, I seem to only experience this issue while I was doing the initial RPi setup on my 4:3 monitor @ 1280x1024. When I migrated the device to my 1080p TV it seems to boot fine no black screen or issues across a couple reboots.

Further investigation and logs are needed, time permitting, i'll get back to you this weekend.

edit: PM sent

Thanks for your quick replies
Hey,

Although I don't use the Rasp Pi I updated to this skin since I use Refocus Big (reAlaska dark theme) and that skin currently does not work with Gotham.

So far, for things that I use the skin for are working as expected, although I do have a few requests, if possible:

1. OSD options, can you bring back the options that were in the original Reforcus Big, when pausing I would like to see the poster/info etc.
2. On the home menu, pressing left using the remote brings up a popup window with some options (resume/suspend etc), is there a way to disable that? (don't remember if that was on the original skin or not)
3. Pressing Enter/OK on Music on the home screen takes you to options to select genres/artists/albums/songs/years/etc...but pressing Right on the remote takes you to the sub-menu...is it possible to take you to the sub-menu when pressing Enter on the Music item on the home screen instead of pressing right? Or an option to directly enter the Albums?
4. Under Customize home menu -> Settings the only option that has any effect is "[be careful!] hide system menu", checking/unchecking the other options don't hide/show anything.
5. Scrolling tv series/episodes and albums is very jerky (using Slide viewtype), although movies scroll fine, not jerky. I have smooth scrolling enabled in settings (if in any way it is related to this).

Thanks

Take Care
  • 8(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)8