• 10(current)
Mod reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)
Anyone else got problems installing this via zip? Latest Millhouse RPI version.
Installing from zip can be a problem. The install creates an extra folder that is causing the problem.

The easiest work around is to download the zip to your computer/device and unzip it. You will see that the folder structure is:

skin.refocus.light-gotham/skin.refocus.light-gotham/(skin contents)

rename the second skin.refocus.light-gotham folder to skin.refocus.light and move it and it's contents to your addon folder.

It's a issue with Github downloads...not much can be done.

If I have been unclear post again and I will try to help.
Thx. Installed without a problem from zip a while ago. Could not get it to work after a clean install.
Will try this when i get home.
I'm not sure why it doesn't work when installing from zip. I have never had it work but other people have always had it work. I'm not technically skilled enough to figure it out lol.
I realy love your skin. It works great. Missing some option. Recently added and no trailers from youtube plugin. Just consider it if you can.
It may sound silly but how can i quit xbmc with this skin Confused?
(2014-04-15, 22:45)golgoth Wrote: It may sound silly but how can i quit xbmc with this skin Confused?

Left click when in the home menu
Image Lunatixz - Kodi / Beta repository
Image PseudoTV - Forum | Website | Youtube | Help?
(2014-04-15, 22:51)Lunatixz Wrote:
(2014-04-15, 22:45)golgoth Wrote: It may sound silly but how can i quit xbmc with this skin Confused?

Left click when in the home menu

exactly. alternatively you can press the "s" key on your keyboard wherever you are to access the shutdown menu ;-)
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
Is there any way to get rid of the tapered left edges of the highlighted menu selection on the home menu (and just make it rectangular selection)? That aspect of the reFocus design makes no sense to me aesthetically, since everything else is rectangular and clean cut.

Basically, from the first screenshot of the imgur album into the 2nd to last screenshot, in terms of the selection style.

In addition, it is a little too tall on the bottom, the bottom of the selection is touching the "i" in TV Series.
is there any way to change the names that appear on the home screen... can i add a title for example say "on demand"

thanks
(2014-03-08, 16:15)spjonez Wrote:
(2014-03-08, 03:55)Appletalk Wrote: Scott00007 mentioned earlier that on boot the skin does not load and it seems to stay at a complete black screen. I am experiencing the same thing. Black screen on boot after the XBMC loading screen. It reports CEC connecting message in the corner for a few seconds then back to a black screen. After several seconds hitting enter and back space a few times seems to get the skin to wake up and come to life.
Are you running one of MilhouseVH's Gotham test builds? How recently did you install the skin?

The Gotham builds after 02/20 include changes to the skinning engine. Frodo seems to handle errors in skins better than Gotham does now, I found quite a few bracket mismatches in conditions that didn't cause issues in Frodo but broke Gotham (black screen). I fixed most of them when I pushed custom menu items to freem@n but I have a few more in my repo that will be pushed in the near future. I'm working on another optimization that I'd like to get working before I push again.

Please do the following: update to the latest Gotham release, update the skin (if you downloaded it a while ago), delete guisettings.xml and reboot. If you still experience black screens, turn on Debugging in Settings and reboot. Navigate to the screen that was black and if it's still an issue post your log (pastebin or whatever) and I'll take a look.

I'm having the same issue on OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 7. I tried deleting guisettings.xml and it does boot without a black screen. Once I change my settings to use refocus I get the black screen issue after a reboot. I didn't have this issue on the latest Xbian 1.0 Beta 2.

Thanks
(2014-04-30, 07:34)VonSwoopington Wrote: I'm having the same issue on OpenELEC 4.0 Beta 7. I tried deleting guisettings.xml and it does boot without a black screen. Once I change my settings to use refocus I get the black screen issue after a reboot. I didn't have this issue on the latest Xbian 1.0 Beta 2.

Thanks

I'll get in touch with you directly about this issue.
but maybe it's worth mentioning that the latest XBian is RC2 (Beta 2 is outdated). ;-)

edit @VonSwoopington: please check your inbox!
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
How is development coming?
Or is it better to use the new gotham branch by Jeroen?
Great skin! Question… is there any way to get working the RSS news? Or they aren't supported in this skin?
Question 
Hello, Angel

I'm really enjoying by reFocus light really fluent and manageable (Favorites + Playlists in Home Menu really excellent to personnalize) .
I just have 2 questions about it.

1) When I'm in the movie menu, I first see the Fan Art (or poster) behind all jackets (poster from the movie selected) but 1 second later a blue wallpaper comes over the Fan Art as a background. I see in transparency the jacket behind but I would like to see only the jacket and not to have this blue wallpaper. I don't manage to remove it with options. Huh

2) On the Home Menu, how can I see posters randomly from movies inside the category instead of a fix wallpaper?

I hope you will be able to make reFocus light perfect for me Big Grin
  • 10(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)8