• 13(current)
Mod reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)
Is this skin dead, again?
(2014-08-15, 15:34)mikeb93 Wrote: Is this skin dead, again?
no, sorry guys. I'm just on vacation where I'm obviously not working on the skin.
HTPC LibreELEC 9.0 - Xperience1080+
RPi3 LibreELEC Milhouse build - Arctic Zephyr
Ah, well, then enjoy your vacation Smile
(2014-08-20, 08:38)mikeb93 Wrote: Ah, well, then enjoy your vacation Smile
thank you, have a sweet summer as well Smile
Hi, first, thank you very much for this skin but I have a problem with the new versions on XBMC, 13.1 (from July, the June version works well) and 13.2. When I choose "Customize Home Menu Custom Items" and I check "Use favourite", I can't choose any favourite because when I click "Set Favourite" it doesnt't open the windows to let me to choose one.

Greetings and again, thank you for this skin!
(2014-08-22, 16:48)mundoff Wrote: Hi, first, thank you very much for this skin but I have a problem with the new versions on XBMC, 13.1 (from July, the June version works well) and 13.2. When I choose "Customize Home Menu Custom Items" and I check "Use favourite", I can't choose any favourite because when I click "Set Favourite" it doesnt't open the windows to let me to choose one.

Greetings and again, thank you for this skin!

I'm using the latest XBMC 13.2 (from Aug 17 2014) for Windows on my testing machine and it works. maybe you need to install the favourites script on your machine?! http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/sc...avourites/
(2014-08-25, 11:41)freem@n Wrote: I'm using the latest XBMC 13.2 (from Aug 17 2014) for Windows on my testing machine and it works. maybe you need to install the favourites script on your machine?! http://mirrors.xbmc.org/addons/gotham/sc...avourites/

Now it works perfect, thank you, I installed the skin manually and I didn't install this plugin.

Greetings. Blush
Hi Freem@n, I really like this skin and my raspberry likes it too Smile It is also a pretty easy to use skin.
I do have a few suggestions:
- would it be possible to add a "single row" List view to TV Shows? The single row should show the number of unwatched episodes for that TV Show or season.
- not sure how but I personally would like to see the number of unwatched episodes a bit more clearly, perhaps a different color for the number?
- is it also possible to make the checkboxes for watched items a bit more clear and add number of unwatched episodes to Banner view?
Hi Freem@n, I absolutely love this skin. I switched from Aeon MQ5 due to lag on that skin and I am not going back. I was wondering if it is currently or would be possible to add library stats to this skin? Thanks again for creating such a great skin. Well done!
Found a bug in this otherwise fantastic skin:

When you have both a thumb.jpg (usually in landscape format) and poster.jpg in the movie folder, the skin will display the thumb instead of the poster (e.g. on the video info dialog or in any library view displaying posters). As far as I could find out, this is due to the skin using "ListItem.Thumb" instead of "ListItem.Art(poster)" in those places.
(2014-10-12, 13:34)Arparso Wrote: Found a bug in this otherwise fantastic skin:

When you have both a thumb.jpg (usually in landscape format) and poster.jpg in the movie folder, the skin will display the thumb instead of the poster (e.g. on the video info dialog or in any library view displaying posters). As far as I could find out, this is due to the skin using "ListItem.Thumb" instead of "ListItem.Art(poster)" in those places.

why do you call this a bug? the thumbnails are pre-cached by the way XBMC/Kodi handles its artwork library. In addition Raspberry Pi users often activate downscaling for thumbnails.. due to this it should usually load faster than the poster artwork from the directory.
(2014-10-12, 14:50)freem@n Wrote: why do you call this a bug? the thumbnails are pre-cached by the way XBMC/Kodi handles its artwork library. In addition Raspberry Pi users often activate downscaling for thumbnails.. due to this it should usually load faster than the poster artwork from the directory.

I'm not talking about precached thumbs vs reading files from directory. I'm talking about the skin displaying the wrong image in a few places. If you first scan your movie library in XBMC and you have both a thumb.jpg and a poster.jpg in your movie folder, then XBMC will recognize both and add them to the cache. Movie thumbs are usually in a landscape/widescreen aspect ratio, while posters use a portrait aspect ratio. E.g. look at the available posters and thumbs for Edge of Tomorrow and see the difference.

Posters and thumbs have different aspect ratios and can't be displayed in the same places unless the skin adapts to the changed aspect ratio (which it currently doesn't). But still the skin displays thumbs instead of posters e.g. on the video information dialog, where it clearly expects an image in poster format. This makes the image appear distorted and stretched ... because it's not displayed in the correct aspect ratio.

Thus I consider it a bug.

The cause is easy to fix: "ListItem.Thumb" always prefers to display the cached thumb instead of the poster, if it's available... but if you actually really want to display the poster and only the poster, use "ListItem.Art(poster)". I actually fixed it for my personal installation on my Raspberry Pi myself, but I'm not the skin developer here and I'm not sure I fixed it in all the required places and if there might be some negative side effects by that. If you want I can create a pull request with my changes for your github repository and you have a look at it. You're much more familiar with the skin than I am.
@Arparso: thanks for pointing that out, now I understand what you mean Smile sure, go ahead and send me a pull request (on the gotham branch please) so I can have a look.
quick announcement: just wanted to let you guys know that I started working on bringing compatibility for the upcoming XBMC/Kodi Helix release. If you're interested you can check out the newly created Helix branch on GitHub
however due to my new real life duties this can take a little while
Anyone know if this skin runs well on Apple TV 2 (Running Gotham 13.2)?

I remember liking the features but that the older reFocus Big lagged a lot on the ATV.

Thanks
Devices
- NAS: Synology DS212, 6TB, MySQL
- HTPC: Intel NUC N2830, 2.4ghz, 4GB RAM, SSD, Win 7 & OpenElec (dual boot) / Kodi 15.2
- PC: Lenovo M92P, 3.2ghz, 12GB RAM, Win 10 / Kodi 17.4
- Laptop: Acer 5750G, 2.9ghz, 8GB RAM, SSD, Windows 10 / Kodi 15.2

• 13(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
reFocus light for Raspberry Pi (Helix-update)8