Can a Celeron 1037U Play 1080p in Software?
So I finally decided I want to get rid of my AMD hardware, I am sick of a multi-OS ecosystem and I want to go all Linux for HTPCs

As part of my upgrade strategy I want to make sure I have the power to play 1080p via CPU as a backup plan.

I want to go with a 1037U mobo, and by my math it should have enough CPU power to decode 1080p in software.

But my math has been wrong before so I have to ask- has anyone successfully decoded a Blu Ray-level 1080p file on a Celeron 1037U with GPU acceleration turned off?

Thank you in advance for any responses.

It depends entirely on the software decoder. Silverlight worked for the Celeron 847 but XBMC with DXVA turned off didn't.
Using multi frame threading in Gotham, XBMC can play bluray quality 1080p videos with no issues. However it couldn't still play 1080p60 HD camcorder videos even in that mode.
Thank you for the input. I think I will go with a 1155 celeron instead and have some overkill.

Hi my Biostar NM70I-1037U Ver. 6.x is playing back streams in XBMC and BDs under Windows in fullHD without a problem, but why do you want to turn the GPU accelerator off? I am runing a stock XBMCUbuntu, i dont know what drivers are runing in there.

Windows of course has Intel drivers installed.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can a Celeron 1037U Play 1080p in Software?0