nbox 1.0 mod
Hi Community

I have created this new thread for those interested in my nbox mod.

watch gallery

download link Frodo

http://ul.to/d7o0zhmd

download link Gotham

http://ul.to/hxot96k1

This is still a work in progress.

To install simply add the downloaded folder skin.nboxMOD (frodo) / skin.nboxMOD13 (gotham) to the xbmc addons folder. The Skin will be listed as nboxMOD / nboxMOD13

20.03.14 Updates

- Added Home Menu Navigation Hints (enabled / disablke via skin settings)
- Modified Video Info and Video OSD Current and End Time Display
- Corrected Episodes View Navigation Bug

17.03.14 Updates

- Migrated PRV EPG Now to new MOD look
- Migrated PRV EPG Next to new MOD look
- Migrated PRV Recordings to new MOD look
- Migrated PRV Search Results to new MOD look

14.03.14 Updates

- Added Settings Button to DialongButtonMenu.xml (Dialog that appears by
pressing "s")
- Reworked Unfocused Episodes in Episodes View
- Corrected Label Width Bugs in Songs View
- Added Episode Duration in Episode Views
- Added option to display episode thumbs in Home episodes widget
(enable/disable under skin settings)

11.03.14 Updates:

- Bug Fix for Home Episodes Widget
- Migration of PVR Channel List to new MOD look
- Migration of PVR Radio List to new MOD look
- Migration of Music Videos View to new MOD look
- Migration of Weather to new MOD look
- Migration of Picture Info to new MOD ook
- Added Color Backgrounds matching the selected Theme can be enabled/disabled under skin settings)

07.03.14 Updates:

- Text Scroll for Music Visualization and Songs View (Enabled via Skin Settings)
- Bug corrections and nodifications on AlbumInfo and VideoInfo Dialogs
- Migration to new MOD look for following Windows:
DialogPeripheralManager.xml
DialogPeripheralSettings.xml
DialogPVRChannelManager.xml
DialogTextViewer.xml
DialogLockSettings.xml
DialogLoginScreen.xml
- New Big Poster View for Movies and Tv Shows
- New Player Controls
- Modification of Video OSD and Video Fullscreen Info

12.02.14 Updates:
- New Icons for Home Panels
- New Panel Views for Video & Music Library
- File Manager Window migrated to MOD look
- Favourites Window migrated to MOD look
- added Cinema Experience Support (Cinema Button in Video Info Dialog)
- Home Animations can now be disabled (under skin settings)

30.01.14 Updates:
- Added a new Albums View (only available for Albums of a specific Artist, i.e. after an artist has been selected)
- Added Lyrics Support
- Improved Music Fanart Logics
- Removed Obsolete Skin Settings (e.g. LightBox Option among others)
- added Navigation Hint for Hidden Extra Menu in the Home Menu
- Added Video Playback on Background (can be swtiched on or off from the skin settings menu)

26.01.14 Updates:
- Added Artists & Albums to Home Screen
- Reworked TV Shows Seasons View
- Corrected Seekbar Labels: Paused, FF, RW, Buffering
- Corrected Subtitle Sync label
- Added Wide List Option to Episode List View
- Added New Artists View
I'm currently using your mod and do love some of the changes; the narrower font allows more information with less clutter. And nBox was great speed-wise and simplicity-wise, but the "mystery meat" screenshot/scrolling home screen boxes were more than a little annoying.

I have noticed a things thus far. Pausing gets me a "paused: Yesssss" on the screen in nbox's original font. Dunno where that comes from. Also, the favourites screen remains completely untouched, and looks out of place compared to your updates.

A suggestion, for UI sake? Include an arrow to get to the side menu. Doesn't have to be as big as nbox's original one. Even just a simple "<" to the left of the currently highlighted box (All Films/All TV/Genres/etc.) would bring back some of the intuitiveness. Likewise with the category (Movies/TV/Music/Videos/Whathaveyou). If someone unfamiliar with the skin were to try it out (like, say, my mother when she comes to visit us), there's nothing there to signal the additional options or even how to change the main category.

That said, I appreciate that someone has picked up where Niamu left off. Thank you.
(2014-01-25, 05:07)zang Wrote: I have noticed a things thus far. Pausing gets me a "paused: Yesssss" on the screen in nbox's original font. Dunno where that comes from.

I have corrected the mentioned issue, you can download the update from the link of the very fitst post

(2014-01-25, 05:07)zang Wrote: the favourites screen remains completely untouched, and looks out of place compared to your updates.

I havent finished the skin yet, So there are several items where the Skin has not been updated to the new look. I will get to them eventually. Thanks for the heads up, it is not easy to keep track of that what is still to be done.

(2014-01-25, 05:07)zang Wrote: A suggestion, for UI sake? Include an arrow to get to the side menu. Doesn't have to be as big as nbox's original one. Even just a simple "<" to the left of the currently highlighted box (All Films/All TV/Genres/etc.) would bring back some of the intuitiveness. Likewise with the category (Movies/TV/Music/Videos/Whathaveyou). If someone unfamiliar with the skin were to try it out (like, say, my mother when she comes to visit us), there's nothing there to signal the additional options or even how to change the main category.

Since these mod was originaly for me, I like the fact of the hidden menu, without any navigation hints. But I Understand your remark and comparing other skins, I see they have navigation hints. So I'll see what I can think of that still looks nice, I will also probably add an option under skin settings to hide navigation hints
First let me say: great mod! Just the right improvements.

I really like the new season view. Do you think you could add this view to the tv-show and/or episode view?

When a video is playing and i switch to the home screen the video is replaced by the fanart background. Would it be possible that the current video stays in the background (like in the default skin).
Hi DjCisco
first very nice mod Smile !
Is it possible to add a new Sektion on the Homescreen where Favorites or Addon Links can be placed? So my little daughter can find them faster ..
And is it possible to tweak the Skin a bit for the Raspberry? Maybe switch off some animations and so on.

Thanks
(2014-01-30, 09:28)uveX Wrote: Hi DjCisco
first very nice mod Smile !
Is it possible to add a new Sektion on the Homescreen where Favorites or Addon Links can be placed? So my little daughter can find them faster ..
And is it possible to tweak the Skin a bit for the Raspberry? Maybe switch off some animations and so on.

Thanks

Hi uveX ,

I am quite new to skinning, and currently have no clue on how to implement elements for the user to customize the Home Screen. So for now it is not possible

Regarding Animations: I have already removed several animations from the original nbox. I will check if its possible to make it so that Home animations can be disabled, I must say however that there are very few animations, so I wouldnt expect much of an improvement for your raspberry pi,(I also run a raspberry pi at home) .

Hi Commnity,

I have uploaded a new version of the skin, Check the first post of the thread.
Hi Dj
thanks for answer.
I hope you find out how to make a customize HomeScreen or a new Menu entry.

thnaks
aw man, I kind of miss the 'paused: Yesssss' Wink

rad work so far, though - it's super clean and easy to use.
People underestimate the performance issues with the Raspberry Pi. It isn't the animations that are the biggest impact. It's the images. When you have a lot of images loading into memory and transitioning between many images it impacts the performance much more than a simple animation.

If you want better performance on the Pi, you want to use less images in the lists and backgrounds. I was very careful to have very few image assets in the nbox skin and I'm very pleased with the performance options that are available.

I felt it was a nice compromise between looks and performance. But I like that people are experimenting with the skin and seeing what else works for others.
skin has been updated. see 1st post for download link
Hi Everybody,

I updated the image gallery on the 1st post , to depict the current status of the skin
Loving this mod, very crisp and clean. I like the blue theme alot.
Mind adding gotham subtitle support?
(2014-02-15, 22:18)FREAKJAM Wrote: Loving this mod, very crisp and clean. I like the blue theme alot.
Mind adding gotham subtitle support?

I will take a look into what is needed for gotham subtitle support, and if it is possible to have both subtitle solutions in the skin, otherwise I would have to maintain two skins, which I do not want to do since I haven't completed the skin yet.
Really nice skin, one of my favorites so far. I hope you will keep upgrading it.

One of the reason I like it so much the Lightbox/nbox and especially bello is the way you can listen music with just randon color difused, with vigneting and the scrolling text. Bello does it the best.

But your skin has much better layout... Do you think you could add a way to have that feature? It's almost there, you see some scrolling text when your in NowPlaying... I'd like it as bello, in full screen without anything else.

While Im at it, I'd love to have 'random album' changed by 'random artist'.
Double the number of 'random movies' displayed.
A movie wall with posters as big as see with 'random movies', they are too small as is..

Everything else is great as is! Great work!
(2014-02-17, 21:19)tahyti Wrote: But your skin has much better layout... Do you think you could add a way to have that feature? It's almost there, you see some scrolling text when your in NowPlaying... I'd like it as bello, in full screen without anything else.

Yes sure, i will add the text scroll feature during now playing with a corresponding skin setting to enable/disable it.

(2014-02-17, 21:19)tahyti Wrote: While Im at it, I'd love to have 'random album' changed by 'random artist'.

I will see if it is possible to add it to the options, this is has to be supported by the skin engine widgets, if not, then sorry.

(2014-02-17, 21:19)tahyti Wrote: Double the number of 'random movies' displayed.

Everything else is great as is! Great work!

This is not possible , this is a skin engine issue since the home widgets only support up to 10 movies.

(2014-02-17, 21:19)tahyti Wrote: A movie wall with posters as big as see with 'random movies', they are too small as is..

Yes I am currently enabling and adapting the seasons view for movies and tv shows,

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nbox 1.0 mod1