nbox 1.0 mod
I love the original style of the nbox skin. I'm a bit disappointed that the mod isn't anything like the original development. The home screen is completely changed, and the font is thicker (the slim font was something I really liked with nbox).

I'm sad to read that the original development by niamu likely will be cancelled. Unfortunately I have no clue how develop skins for XBMC (yet?), else I would have picked it up where niamu left of.
Are there any plans to work on the Live TV section? It still uses the original nbox assets and colour scheme, but with additional bugs.

Personally would be ideal if the original nbox was updated for Gotham when the time came (thanks for your efforts niamu, still in everyday use since your first mod), but this also has a fresh alternative look that I could get used to. Just don't know if I can get used to the home page, I really prefer some kind of list to scroll through the tv/movie/music etc sections, feels less intuitive not knowing which section you will be scrolling to next.
yes I will get to the Live TV section, I currently have no tv card so this is on hold
(2014-02-19, 20:32)DjCisco Wrote: yes I will get to the Live TV section, I currently have no tv card so this is on hold

Thanks, that's great to hear. I believe there is a PVR dummy addon for cases where developers don't have the PVR hardware. Might be something to consider if you don't feel you really need a card. Smile
I always get

"You have reached the max. number of possible free downloads for this hour, please try again in an hour or purchase one of our premium products."

since the very first attempt to download it. Any other location where i can access this skin?

// Tycho
Hi Community,

I have uploaded an updated version of the MOD, the download link can be found on the first post.

Next Step: PVR Windows (TV Card is now availble).

Let me know if you find some bugs or strange things on the skin.

Enjoy
Any kind soul out there who could put a copy "somewhere else" as i cant download from this godforsaken "get a premium account" ""fileserver""
Best would be moving the skin to github.
(2014-03-09, 11:49)tycho-x Wrote: Any kind soul out there who could put a copy "somewhere else" as i cant download from this godforsaken "get a premium account" ""fileserver""

Very strange that you cant download the skin, but anyway as Butchabay suggested I have uploaded the code in github, Check the first post for the link.
Wow, awesome Mod DJ, it is very light and snappy Big Grin
I was expecting my device to take a performance hit with the extras that your mod has but it didn't. It is just as smooth as Niamus light box mod which is saying a lot considering how crisp his mod is. Thanks a lot.
Hello, I have a few questions with this mod, is it still possible to turn off "Mark Watched Movies" on settings?
And also, can I flatten the menu? so I get rid of years, genre, title, etc and maybe put in place 2 nodes as described below? Thank you:

Code:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="1" type="folder">
<label>Movies</label>
<content>movies</content>
<path>videodb://1/1/2</path>
<icon>DefaultYear.png</icon>
<rule field="path" operator="doesnotcontain">Anime</rule>
</node>

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8" standalone="yes" ?>
<node order="2" type="folder">
<label>Anime</label>
<content>movies</content>
<path>videodb://1/1/1</path>
<icon>DefaultYear.png</icon>
<rule field="path" operator="contains">ANIME</rule>
</node>
(2014-03-11, 08:26)Dogway Wrote: Hello, I have a few questions with this mod, is it still possible to turn off "Mark Watched Movies" on settings?

As far as I know nbox hasnt had such feature before, and neither does my MOD

(2014-03-11, 08:26)Dogway Wrote: And also, can I flatten the menu? so I get rid of years, genre, title, etc and maybe put in place 2 nodes as described below? Thank you:

To my understanding adding and removing nodes is something a user can do manually by creating the appropiate files in the userdata folder, it is not somthing that can/should be done through the skin
NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE

I have corrected an issue with the episodes widget on the home screen, the update contains other things as well (see first post for details and download link)

enjoy
(2014-03-11, 13:05)DjCisco Wrote: To my understanding adding and removing nodes is something a user can do manually by creating the appropiate files in the userdata folder, it is not somthing that can/should be done through the skin

But I read the skin should "support it", here is noted.

Quote:To get full functionality from custom nodes, you need to use a skin that allows you to deploy them as you would like (e.g. latest builds of Aeon Nox). Confluence will show your nodes, but doesn't allow you to decide exactly where.
(2014-03-11, 14:17)Dogway Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 13:05)DjCisco Wrote: To my understanding adding and removing nodes is something a user can do manually by creating the appropiate files in the userdata folder, it is not somthing that can/should be done through the skin

But I read the skin should "support it", here is noted.

Quote:To get full functionality from custom nodes, you need to use a skin that allows you to deploy them as you would like (e.g. latest builds of Aeon Nox). Confluence will show your nodes, but doesn't allow you to decide exactly where.

Hi Dogway,

I think the skin related quote you provided refers to displaying a custom node in other portions of the skin, for example AEON Nox lets you use a custom node as a Home Menu Item.

I just tested the custom nodes functionallity following the instructions in the link you provided. I copied the whole nodes structures in the userdata folder. Added a new node under movies and deleted several nodes under movies. Then I refreshed the skin and the skin automatically displayed the new structure correctly.

So just follow the instructions on the wiki and you will be able to get what you want.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nbox 1.0 mod1