nbox 1.0 mod
Thank you, I must have done something wrong then.
(2014-03-11, 13:22)DjCisco Wrote: NEW UPDATE AVAILABLE

I have corrected an issue with the episodes widget on the home screen, the update contains other things as well (see first post for details and download link)

enjoy

Awesome, Thanks.
(2014-03-11, 15:05)DjCisco Wrote: Then I refreshed the skin and the skin automatically displayed the new structure correctly.
So just follow the instructions on the wiki and you will be able to get what you want.
DjCisco, did it work with the nbox skin? I deleted all traces of genre, title, year, etc nodes and I still get them. How do you refresh skin? I'm missing the "Reload Skin" under settings.

(2014-03-12, 06:11)Dogway Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 15:05)DjCisco Wrote: Then I refreshed the skin and the skin automatically displayed the new structure correctly.
So just follow the instructions on the wiki and you will be able to get what you want.
DjCisco, did it work with the nbox skin? I deleted all traces of genre, title, year, etc nodes and I still get them. How do you refresh skin? I'm missing the "Reload Skin" under settings.

Hi Dogway,

I tested on my MOD, but it dont see why it shouldnt work on the original nbox (since I didnt make any chances to the skin at all).

To refresh the skin you can add a keymap for it.

Follow the example provided here:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Fir...n_tutorial

Also shutting down xbmc and openint it again should refresh the skin
Hi Dogway ,

I performed some more tests.

I did the same as before, and checked that it also worked on other skins. and by doing so. I found what I think its an XBMC Bug.

Once I modifiied the nodes I accesed the movie library in two ways:

- If I Access the movie library via Videos->Movies the changes on the nodes are displayed
- If I Access the movie library directly via the library icon on the Home Screen the changes on the nodes are not displayed (not all skins have a direct access to the movies library from the home screen , but nboxMOD and amber both have it and I see the issue on both skins)

check if you see the same behaviour, and if so, an Issue can be raised
Used the skin for a little while, great work! Got a few suggestions, even though I am sure you are aware and working on many of them:

- Home menu structure needs a more intuitive way of switching between Movies/Music/TV etc, at the moment I feel it takes more attention/button presses than necessary. I love the look of the skin, but when navigating the main menu I do miss the "list" type structure in the original nbox when switching from Live TV to Movies, etc. At the moment it feels like maybe it is missing some visual cues or too much precision is needed in keypresses when switching between sections

- Individual TV episode thumbnails (other than the currently selected episode) are all very transparent, blending in with the fan art to that extent makes them less useful, would suggest slight dimming instead of transparency here

- Regarding the "Recent" list in the TV Shows section, showing episode thumbnails instead of posters might be less visually consistent, but more intuitive in my opinion. An option would be fantastic Smile

- Font size and perhaps type are inconsistent, eg the EPG timeline and plot descriptions

- Ability to change font size/thickness/type accross the board, or at least for text-heavy areas, like plot descriptions

- PVR channel list, invoked by pushing "c" is yet to be skinned, in addition to the video information OSD and EPG entries (again, I'm sure you know this)

- Main PVR screen could use a channel preview window? But guessing this was removed on purpose since it was in the original nbox

- Re-positioning the "current local time" in the video OSD so that it is more visible than video timers (in a separate corner perhaps). Edit: I think timers are missing the AM/PM where applicable too, but not sure on this

- TV channel logos?
(2014-03-13, 09:34)username145 Wrote: - Home menu structure needs a more intuitive way of switching between Movies/Music/TV etc, at the moment I feel it takes more attention/button presses than necessary. I love the look of the skin, but when navigating the main menu I do miss the "list" type structure in the original nbox when switching from Live TV to Movies, etc. At the moment it feels like maybe it is missing some visual cues or too much precision is needed in keypresses when switching between sections

Yes , you have mentioned this before, but i've yet to found something that does doesnt disprut the layout of the skin, ideas are welcome.

(2014-03-13, 09:34)username145 Wrote: - Individual TV episode thumbnails (other than the currently selected episode) are all very transparent, blending in with the fan art to that extent makes them less useful, would suggest slight dimming instead of transparency here

Duly noted, it will be improved

(2014-03-13, 09:34)username145 Wrote: - Regarding the "Recent" list in the TV Shows section, showing episode thumbnails instead of posters might be less visually consistent, but more intuitive in my opinion. An option would be fantastic Smile

Personally I think episodes thumbs are horrible,since they usually represent just some random moment of the episode, so there is no consistancy whatsoever among them. But I will check if I can provide that option.

(2014-03-13, 09:34)username145 Wrote: - Font size and perhaps type are inconsistent, eg the EPG timeline and plot descriptions

PVR channel list, invoked by pushing "c" is yet to be skinned, in addition to the video information OSD and EPG entries (again, I'm sure you know this)

PVR IS not finished so this is normal

(2014-03-13, 09:34)username145 Wrote: - Main PVR screen could use a channel preview window? But guessing this was removed on purpose since it was in the original nbox

I suppose you mean the channel list, yes correct this was removed to keep the Skin consistant, but one can activate the video on background option which would show the video of the selected channel

(2014-03-13, 09:34)username145 Wrote: - Re-positioning the "current local time" in the video OSD so that it is more visible than video timers (in a separate corner perhaps). Edit: I think timers are missing the AM/PM where applicable too, but not sure on this

I will check this

(2014-03-13, 09:34)username145 Wrote: - TV channel logos?

Channels Logos appear when video info or OSD is called and also behind the plot field in the channel list. you dont see them??
Hey, DJ!
I'm really liking what you're doing with this skin. It looks like it's shaping up to be a solid one.

I've got a couple of comments and suggestions, some of them are things people have already mentioned that I'd like to echo or add to.

- The thicker font and all caps can be a bit too much at times, especially in certain views like the list view and plot. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but I kinda prefer the thin, minimal look of the original nbox as it was a bit easier on the eyes. If possible, an option for a similar look would be awesome.
- It would be nice to have the settings menu accessible from the Shutdown sidebar (the one that pops up when you press S).
- The background images (background gradient, fanart, colors when playing music etc.) would blend in a bit nicer if they were faded out a bit more, i.e. darker.
- The main menu could use an indicator to show the other options (TV Shows, Movies, Music). Perhaps this could be an idea: http://imgur.com/8DsCYxu
- Showing the length of a movie/episode in the description boxes and information view would be nice.
- Artist, title and album can easily be a single string when playing music. There's more than enough space: http://imgur.com/GkGYGbR
- Long song titles displace the song length string: http://imgur.com/GkGYGbR

All in all, though, you're doing great work and I look forward to seeing what you do with the skin.
Keep the good stuff coming Big Grin
(2014-03-14, 00:57)Kantana Wrote: - The main menu could use an indicator to show the other options (TV Shows, Movies, Music). Perhaps this could be an idea: http://imgur.com/8DsCYxu

I like this Smile

Maybe have the selected text coloured along with the theme? (eg "Movies" would be orange)
(2014-03-14, 00:57)Kantana Wrote: Hey, DJ!
I'm really liking what you're doing with this skin. It looks like it's shaping up to be a solid one.

I've got a couple of comments and suggestions, some of them are things people have already mentioned that I'd like to echo or add to.

- The thicker font and all caps can be a bit too much at times, especially in certain views like the list view and plot. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, but I kinda prefer the thin, minimal look of the original nbox as it was a bit easier on the eyes. If possible, an option for a similar look would be awesome.
- It would be nice to have the settings menu accessible from the Shutdown sidebar (the one that pops up when you press S).
- The background images (background gradient, fanart, colors when playing music etc.) would blend in a bit nicer if they were faded out a bit more, i.e. darker.
- The main menu could use an indicator to show the other options (TV Shows, Movies, Music). Perhaps this could be an idea: http://imgur.com/8DsCYxu
- Showing the length of a movie/episode in the description boxes and information view would be nice.
- Artist, title and album can easily be a single string when playing music. There's more than enough space: http://imgur.com/GkGYGbR
- Long song titles displace the song length string: http://imgur.com/GkGYGbR

All in all, though, you're doing great work and I look forward to seeing what you do with the skin.
Keep the good stuff coming Big Grin

- Thanks for the info on the bugs I will check them out
- I will create an option for the Main Elements Menu
- And see possibilities for your other suggestions
- Regarding Fonts: I dont know what your setup is: But the main reason why I started to implemente the mod was because with my 46 inch TV and my Couch 3.5 meters away it was impossible to read the content on the screen. So adding an option to revert as it was would mean having unreadeble text.
Ah, I see. Well, I switch between various sized screens ranging from 24"-30", so the font in this skin feels quite big and thick in certain situations.
But it's just a preference of mine. Your skin, your decision ^^ If it ends up bugging me a lot, maybe I'll figure out how to modify the skin for myself and use the other font Tongue
Great progress so far. Love the new TV-Show/Movies View.

When the player is active and I'm in the main menu (PlayingVideoOnBackground is ON) the video in the background is overlay with the original blue image. I don't know if that is intentional, I like it more without the blue.

I changed the following in Includes.xml:463 to remove the blue when something is playing:
Code:
<control type="image">
  <include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
  <texture>music_fanart_diffuse_blue.png</texture>
  <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
  <visible>Player.HasVideo() + !Skin.HasSetting(PlayingVideoOnBackground) + !VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen</visible>
</control>
(2014-03-14, 12:54)Gulek Wrote: Great progress so far. Love the new TV-Show/Movies View.

When the player is active and I'm in the main menu (PlayingVideoOnBackground is ON) the video in the background is overlay with the original blue image. I don't know if that is intentional, I like it more without the blue.

I changed the following in Includes.xml:463 to remove the blue when something is playing:
Code:
<control type="image">
  <include>Dimensions_Fullscreen</include>
  <texture>music_fanart_diffuse_blue.png</texture>
  <aspectratio scalediffuse="false">stretch</aspectratio>
  <visible>Player.HasVideo() + !Skin.HasSetting(PlayingVideoOnBackground) + !VideoPlayer.IsFullscreen</visible>
</control>

Hi Gulek,

yes color overlay over the now playing video is intended, to keep the elements of the skin visual while navigating.
(2014-03-14, 11:05)Kantana Wrote: Ah, I see. Well, I switch between various sized screens ranging from 24"-30", so the font in this skin feels quite big and thick in certain situations.
But it's just a preference of mine. Your skin, your decision ^^ If it ends up bugging me a lot, maybe I'll figure out how to modify the skin for myself and use the other font Tongue

Yes, since you are watching the screen up close. I suppose you may get that feeling. I will take a loot an see how to dnyamically change font styles (dont know how this is managed yet). Maybe jus making the lists not Uppercase will do the trick
(2014-03-14, 17:44)DjCisco Wrote: Maybe jus making the lists not Uppercase will do the trick
Yeah, that would probably work great. It may even make it look better in general too. All caps can be difficult and tiring to read at times Tongue
Thanks for taking a look at font changing too. I hope it's possible :3

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
nbox 1.0 mod1