xbmc don't start alone
Hi,

Sorry for my english i'm french.

I just buy a raspberry pi B 512 with a SDHC card class 10. I install raspbian and xbmc 12.3
No startx on the boot.
The problem is when my raspberry boot, xbmc don't start. i need to start myself xbmc-standalone
I put enabled=1 in /etc/default/xbmc
I have xbmc in /etc/passwd and this user is in the group audio video input dialout plugdev tty, like user pi.

So for resolv that, i create a script with the command xbmc-standalone and i add this script on the boot.
But when i read /etc/init.d/xbmc, i see xbmc-standalone, so i don't understand why xbmc don't start alone.

Thanks.
If you're trying to set up a dedicated XBMC system you're probably better off installing a dedicated XBMC distro like Raspbmc or OpenElec (especially if you're new to the Raspberry Pi) much easier to install and keep up to date, and better performance due to kernel/driver/xbmc optimisations. (For example Raspbmc just recently added f2fs filesystem support, which seems to give a sizeable speed increase in menu navigation)

If you also want to run raspbian for general Linux tinkering and programming you could install that on a different SD card, or do a multi boot setup with raspbian and raspbmc/openelec on the same card using the noobs installer. (Minimum 16GB card to have enough room)
Kodi 18.3 - Mid 2007 Mac Mini, 4GB, 2TB HD, Windows 7 SP1
Kodi 18.3 - Vero4k, Raspberry Pi 2. OSMC.
Thank you for your response.
I install raspbian + xbmc to use other service in my raspberry, like nginx or dovecot.
So i want that every services work in the same time.

Do you have any idea for my boot problem?
@kimojo,

il est préférable d'utiliser une distribution XBMC dédié comme Raspbmc ou OpenELEC. Tout est conçu pour Raspberry PI...
Comme je l'expliquais, j'ai peur que part la suite si je me tourne sur openelec ou raspbmc, je ne puisse monter correctement d'autres services.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc don't start alone0