Actor Images
Hello XBMC community.

I have been using XBMC for about 2 years now (SageTV refugee) and frankly love it. The ability to customize an installation is without equal.

There is, however, one little thing that nags at me. I've scoured the forums looking for an answer, but I can't even find the question. Surely I'm not the only one wanting this functionality?

In a nutshell:

When an actor has appeared as a cast member in multiple TV shows, couldn't the actor image to be unique to each show? For example, Damian Lewis in Band of Brothers, Life, and Homeland. TVDB.com has the unique images. Mr. Lewis in a WWII uniform, in shirt and tie, and in a contemporary military uniform. However, XBMC will only use one image for all three, the most recently loaded. The result being that the cast pictures for Band of Brothers could show actor after actor in military garb, but Mr. Lewis in "civies". As a result, the visual impact is considerably reduced.

Renaming the actor in the .nfo file and the .actor image file (Damian Lewis1, Damian Lewis2, Danian Lewis3) solves the picture problem, but creates another: You can no longer search on Damian Lewis for all his appearences. It's also a lot of work...

Is this inherently impossible in XBMC? If so, has any consideration been given to addressing it?

I certainly appreciate that something like this hardly rates up there with integrating PVR functuality. Eye Candy rather than Nuts and Bolts. But 60" HD panels cry out for eye candy.

Thanks in advance for any replies. And apologies if I have somehow missed the obvious on this.

Dave

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Actor Images0