Did Gotham lose auto download first sync?
(2014-05-19, 19:23)bmac88 Wrote: I just updated to today's nightly build on my Ubuntu machine:
XBMC 14.0-ALPHA1 Git:6f96ff2 (Compiled: May 19 2014)

I was using the old Aeon Nox (4.0) skin in Frodo 12.3, where you could just press enter twice to download the first sync subtitle. I upgraded to the new Aeon Nox 5: Redux skin to enable Advanced/Expert settings and be compatible with the new subtitle plugins.

If your pull request with the auto download first sync feature was merged yesterday and I updated to today's nightly build, how do I enable it? I am using only the Opensubtitles.com plugin at the moment. I tried with the default Confluence skin as well.

You can enable it in settings > video > subtitle, but now only in Advanced and Expert settings level. screenshot
It is not "auto download first sync" just only "auto download first" because lot of subtitle services do not fill the sync flag. :S
AND it'll auto download first subtitle after search when the video do not have subtitle yet.
These aren’t the droids you’re looking for...
(2014-05-20, 07:47)fape88 Wrote: You can enable it in settings > video > subtitle, but now only in Advanced and Expert settings level. screenshot
It is not "auto download first sync" just only "auto download first" because lot of subtitle services do not fill the sync flag. :S
AND it'll auto download first subtitle after search when the video do not have subtitle yet.

Thank you fape88 for your patch.

I tried it (openelec build) it worked but it's not flawless :
- I mapped the command "ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)" on my remote control
- when i launch the command the screen become black for one second
- then the subtitles windows briefly appears
- finally the video reappears with the subtitles but i've got the XBMC bar in the foreground

Is it the expected behaviour ? Did i do something wrong ?

Thank you !
I have tried this part:
(2014-06-02, 16:02)gaki Wrote: - I mapped the command "ActivateWindow(SubtitleSearch)" on my remote control

But when I press on the mapped button nothing happens

Does someone have any idea for me? also is there any new about the option to auto download the first subtitle, because I have look at the GUI in Export mode but I didn't see the option.
Hi.
For what it's worth - I am one of those who don't upgrade their XBMC because of the changes made to the subtitle system.
Don't get me wrong it's working great but it is VERY distracting compared to the old way:
Previously the focus was kept on the subtitles button if I haven't tried anything else, so basically all I had to do was to click select and select again, nothing to cover the video and just 2 clicks and in 95% of the time I get a synced subtitle.

Now - I have to go to the subtitles button, once I get to it I scroll to "download". I click it, I choose the subtitle from a semi-translucent window that blocks most of the video and let it download.

A very annoying process that is a big regression from the way it worked before imho.
(2014-10-16, 22:20)gibsonlp Wrote: Hi.
For what it's worth - I am one of those who don't upgrade their XBMC because of the changes made to the subtitle system.
Don't get me wrong it's working great but it is VERY distracting compared to the old way:
Previously the focus was kept on the subtitles button if I haven't tried anything else, so basically all I had to do was to click select and select again, nothing to cover the video and just 2 clicks and in 95% of the time I get a synced subtitle.

Now - I have to go to the subtitles button, once I get to it I scroll to "download". I click it, I choose the subtitle from a semi-translucent window that blocks most of the video and let it download.

A very annoying process that is a big regression from the way it worked before imho.

I have to agree, I very much miss just hitting select select to get a subtitle. @fape88 is there any way to know if this feature is going to be merged soon? I'm still running 13.2 Git:0f3db05 (Aug 17 2014)
I really do not know. We need to wait for core team's decision.
Doh. Sorry. I misunderstand something Wink

So the "Automatically download first subtitle after first search" Pr was merged into Helix on May 17.
I think it'll never be backported to Gotham.
Please use Helix (nightlies).
Hi Guys.

Nice to see this great feature back in Helix.

i'm wondering if such feature would be possible :

if ( video language is different from my language )
Launch the download subtitles process

Any idea ?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Did Gotham lose auto download first sync?0