TESTERS WANTED: Gotham UPnP library sharing testing
(2014-05-11, 08:35)MartynK Wrote: I have XMBC server running on a Windows 7 PC, a couple of clients running on Mac OSX x86.

All seems to work well, with the exception that TV shows do not show the "watched tick" after a program has been watched or "mark as watched".
Yet it shows on the server almost instantly a change is made. If I mark a film as watched, it shows the tick instantly.

The watched ticks seem to be updated if you restart XBMC, is there an update delay, does it not update real time or do I need to do something else ?

Also the SD and HD icons dont show on the clients, not sure if this is by design or not.

Anyone have any ideas ?

Thanks

Currently a known bug. I'm hoping that maybe some kind of manual refresh might be possible as a short-term work-around, but I don't know if that's possible yet.
Using Gotham release on 3 Raspberry Pi boards. One with a master library and the others connecting to it via UPnP. Everything works tremendously well, with one small exception.

In list view (the problem is not limited to this view only) of the library of the TV Shows, for example, all items display correctly and have the appropriate watched/unwatched counts appearing and they update accordingly on any client or master but only using the All videos setting in the sidebar on the client Pis. If this is switched to display the Unwatched shows only, the resulting list on the clients is no longer accurate with only half of the programs with any unwatched items showing in the list view.

In all, I am thoroughly pleased with UPnP in Gotham as it did fix a few other little nagging issues like not updating the watched/unwatched status on the master list when a show was watched on the client and so on. Except for this one remaining problem, I'd say it is a near perfect implementation - from my limited perspective at least. Wink

Thanks for any assistance.

Duke
"Hide watched" hiding too much is also a known issue. Thanks for testing. Not sure if there is a work around for that or not.
Thanks for the info, Ned.

Do you know if this being looked at by the devs?

Thanks again for your quick reply.

Duke

(2014-05-13, 03:37)Ned Scott Wrote: "Hide watched" hiding too much is also a known issue. Thanks for testing. Not sure if there is a work around for that or not.
Aye, I've made sure to mention it to them. Not sure if there's a trac ticket for it yet, since trac wasn't working at the time.
(2014-05-13, 03:37)Ned Scott Wrote: "Hide watched" hiding too much is also a known issue. Thanks for testing. Not sure if there is a work around for that or not.

The bug for me seems worse than that (assuming I'm interpreting your meaning correctly). In just the default (upnp) tv shows view on the client any watched tv shows have dissapeared. I couldn't figure out for ages why I could see certain tv shows on the upnp server in the library but they didn't appear on the client. The reason was all the missing tv shows were 'marked as watched'. (note I don't have any filters on in the client tv view).

(Also upnp metadata (HD/SD 720p, 5.1 etc..) doesn't seem to get passed through either - not sure if this is already known).

(using gotham 13.1 beta on server and openelec 4.0.1 on the client).
I had made a thread but perhaps this belongs here.

Thought i'd try playing with UPnP, but having some problems with the settings and shutdown.

Settings -> Services -> UPnP -> Share video and music libraries through UPnP

13.0 Git (Turning on setting and shutting down XBMC)
http://pastebin.com/VaysZpJk

14.0-ALPHA1 (Start and close XBMC with setting turned on)
http://pastebin.com/nSrsemUi

Have to close using Task Manager in both cases.

14.0-ALPHA1 (Turning off setting, and leaving to make coffee 20:54:24 - 21:08:12)
Program unresponsive and turns white ish (overlay) for 12 min.
http://pastebin.com/emgTNPpg

.pdb is present but no crashlogs or anything showing up.

Also, similar sounding thread here: http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=194465
Image [RELEASE] Metroid
Image [RELEASE] IrcChat
Follow-up: I just now tested my uPnP scenario with the full release version of 13 and it works great. I don't get gapless playback like I do when I'm streaming directly to my laptop, but that MIGHT be due to my receiver (Pioneer SC-57). I don't get gapless plackback on it when using its own player.

Follow-up 2: XBMC doesn't switch to the rainbow candy frequency analyzer graphic when acting like a remote. I think this might be normal, because I'm not sure the music actually passes through XBMC when I use it this way. Anyway, a very minor issue but figured I'd throw it out there.
Follow-up 3: The first playlist worked great (The Dave Brubeck Quartet - Time Out). On the next one (Sara Bareilles - The Blessed Unrest), XBMC jumped forward three songs. I then switched to another (Seal - Seal [the one with Prayer for the Dying on it]), and it would play the same song over and over until manually set on the next one. The playback controls (play, pause, stop, ff, rr, etc) do not function either. These are all CDs I ripped to FLACC. The server is a Synology Diskstation (v5), the client is as noted a Pioneer SC-57, the control point is Mac OS X 10.9.3.

Well, the thread IS titled "testers wanted." Smile. If you'd like me to open up a formal ticket to note these just point the way.
Should AirPlay also work for Music Addons? If so, it won't for me frome Android tablet to Windows HTPC. I do as for a movie/TV show, select my HTPC, it acts as if it will start (from the tablet) but never behave like it is starting at the HTPC. After a few seconds the tablet picks up the audio and plays locally.

The addon is 181.fm

I will test further tonight if this is not normal behavior.
I tested this with 2 of my XBMC installs. Both running the same versions. Seemed to work well from what I tested. But just to clarify, using this method of library sharing are you not able to get the traditional "TV Show", "Movies" and "Music" library sections? From what I can see you would need to go into Video --> Files --> "UPNP Share", then select TV Shows or Movies etc. Seems to be taking a step back to me, I much prefer having the separate sections on the home screen. Much more user friendly for other users in the household. Please correct me if I am wrong here as this feature would be great for multiple installs.
I would believe that would involve sharing the actual library database (shared MySQL db). Have a look here: http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...using_UPnP (more on MySQL sharing at the top)

Its been a month or two since I tinkered with this, a lot might have changed since then though.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge - please click the plus to the left below to give thanks
Has anyone else seen some weird things on the client side when trying to sort movies? Basically I I sort by date added on the server side; everything is perfect. Sorting by date added on the client side seems to be extremely random. Any ideas?

Adding the smb share on my clients has fixed most of my upnp issues now.
I haven't looked at this in some time now since it was something I could easily live with and.. with the impending release of Kodi - Helix I imagined it might be dealt with to some degree but... after testing again now that Helix has rolled out, I see no change in the "hide watched" filtering behaviour mentioned back in May.

I did notice something that may be of value, though. It seems when the 'hide watched' filter is set the only unwatched programs showing in the TV list are those where the total episode count and the unwatched count are exactly the same. Any program where even just one episode has the watched flag set, the whole program will not appear on the filtered list. It would seem that the the watched episode flag is being used to filter the whole program from the resulting list and not just the programs where all episodes have been watched.

I hope this is of some use to the devs.

Duke

(2014-05-14, 04:44)Ned Scott Wrote: Aye, I've made sure to mention it to them. Not sure if there's a trac ticket for it yet, since trac wasn't working at the time.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
TESTERS WANTED: Gotham UPnP library sharing testing3