Dim ipad
Hi im just wonding is they a way to dim xbmc on my ipad while watching xbmc via tv out ive got the xbmc out of cydia also im using displayout from cydia to make xbmc full screen on my tv

Hope to here from some one thanks
If you would use the xbmc embedded tvout option you would have a black display during playback ... read:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...put_on_iOS

Beware that display out influences badly with XBMCs internal tvout function. You should deinstall it. Also if you are using ios7 you have to use a nightly build for getting a correctly rotated screen on your TV.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I do't no if this is a loud but i watch stuff on mashup and the nightyl build do,t let me install it

Also i am on ios7
(2014-01-23, 21:08)Memphiz Wrote: Beware that display out influences badly with XBMCs internal tvout function. You should deinstall it.

Did not know this, thanks for the warning.
If you don't experience crashes - then all fine ... but if ...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
(2014-01-23, 22:37)Memphiz Wrote: If you don't experience crashes - then all fine ... but if ...

Yeah thanks, I removed the question part of my last post as I started searching and found the 'crash' part at the end of the wiki. I'll see what happens, I don't mind uninstalling it as long as that 'un-does' whatever it changes, not like these things take long to re-install / take long to download if I ever need it Smile
(2014-01-23, 19:58)mobilemaster Wrote: Hi im just wonding is they a way to dim xbmc on my ipad while watching xbmc via tv out ive got the xbmc out of cydia also im using displayout from cydia to make xbmc full screen on my tv

Hope to here from some one thanks

(2014-01-23, 21:08)Memphiz Wrote: If you would use the xbmc embedded tvout option you would have a black display during playback ... read:

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...put_on_iOS

Beware that display out influences badly with XBMCs internal tvout function. You should deinstall it. Also if you are using ios7 you have to use a nightly build for getting a correctly rotated screen on your TV.

OP if I were you I would seriously consider just putting up with the setup you already have, i.e DisplayOut.
What's wrong with manually dimming the screen on the ipad once you've launched your content? That's what I used to do.

The only issue with using the xbmc embedded tvout is that the touch gestures to control xbmc on the ipad are not very intuitive. I find it very cumbersome to navigate xbmc with it, it's pretty much guesswork. Thank god for the xbmc remote app!

Ryan Petrich is working on updating DisplayOut for ios7 and I can't wait!
(2014-01-25, 13:33)Out5poken Wrote: Ryan Petrich is working on updating DisplayOut for ios7 and I can't wait!

Its already updated Tongue

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dim ipad0