Looking for small xbmc player to hang behind tv
Hi.

Wright now I have small stationary computer( micro atx) in living room with win7+ xbmc ( autostart) installed, but its little bit to big and it boots slowly. Instead of buying ssd in place of hdd I was thinking about buing some small (used) player that I could hang behind tv and put all connections out there.

What cheap product do You recomend? I was thinking about apple tv 1 ( used ones are cheap) , but I never had apple product in my life (only win and unix). Does it support 1080p playback, dvd/blueray iso file playback, it can be installed like self system (just like xbmcbuntu), etc, or it is better to buy higher generation apple tv or even something else? What will be good, fast and cheap for me?
Below are two great choices:

Acer Revo RL80-UR22 Desktop (Black)

Intel D34010WYK NUC Kit
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
It doesn't get much smaller or cheaper than a Raspberry Pi.
(2014-01-23, 22:31)bluray Wrote: Below are two great choices:

Intel D34010WYK NUC Kit

WOW! The Intel box is U.S $500.00. Is that worth it?
Wowowo... too expensive..something used more 50-100$. Its not going to be used for games, more economical to run with tv whole day.
(2014-01-23, 23:19)ruffpl Wrote: Wowowo... too expensive..something used more 50-100$. Its not going to be used for games, more economical to run with tv whole day.
No, it is not for game. You'll need a more powerful discrete GPU for game. The two mini-PC I suggested are for Blu-ray movie. After using APU, I will never mess around with another under power PC......

The two PC's I suggested is not over power for playback Blu-ray 1080P/DTS-MA/TrueHD file either....
Ive been eyeing the odroid-u3's, look promising:

http://hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php
(2014-01-23, 22:44)jacintech.fire Wrote:
(2014-01-23, 22:31)bluray Wrote: Below are two great choices:

Intel D34010WYK NUC Kit

WOW! The Intel box is U.S $500.00. Is that worth it?
If you shop around, you might be able to find it cheaper. It is cheaper at TigerDirect- Intel Next Unit of Computing Kit (BOXD34010WYK1) Intel Core i3 4010U / 1.7 GHZ, Intel 525 Series 90GB SSD, PNY 4GB 1333-MHZ SODIMM Memory, Power Cord and Gamepad Barebones

If you ask me "is it worth the price?" when compare to other suggestions in this thread, ABSOLUTELY!
I believe that below are the few best xbmx player to hang behind the tv

Raspberry Pi around $70 (including case and accessories)
PIVOS XIOS DS for about $99 US
Does Raspberry Pi be able to play 1080p without hang?
I have a raspberry pi and I regularly stream 1080p stuff without a hitch. It may be a bit slow with the UI but havent had any issues with playback.
(2014-01-24, 00:24)teeedubb Wrote: Ive been eyeing the odroid-u3's, look promising:

http://hardkernel.com/main/products/prdt_info.php

Woos this look interesting is anyone got one?
Wait for Gotham to come out, and buy a cheap android device! I own the minix x5 mini, it is not perfect but runs XBMC! And costs $70 or less... Amlogic devices are even better, more stable and handle 1080p well.

Devices like the atv520 (amlogic) for instance, cheap and small XBMC machine:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=170791
And what do You think about devices with android and dual core processor( tv boxes not dongles). Does it worth to buy it? Or its better to spend some more money and buy box ( or maybe dongle) with quad core?
Using a zotac ad11 mini PC and it is great comes with vesa adapter and external or receiver so you can mount it direct to the back of the TV. Costs about £300 however.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Looking for small xbmc player to hang behind tv0