Solved GOTHAM musicvideo artist view problem
I have a problem with the musicvideo artist view in Gotham 20140121 nightly. When I enter the musicvideo artist view and select an artist, I get a list of all albums in the video database, not just the albums in which the selected artist is included within as was the case in XBMC 12.2. I believe the behavior in 12.2 is correct and in 13 nightly is wrong. I compared the debug log doing the same action in 12.2 and 13 nightly and see these differences:

1. The way the videodb is referenced is changed, but I believe this is correct for Gotham

Frodo: videodb://3/4/2/
Gotham: videodb://musicvideos/artists/2/

2. The query seems to have changed. I'm not a SQL db guy, but the Frodo version seems how it should be done

Frodo:
Code:
12:43:33 T:7360   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 0 ms for 6 items query: select musicvideoview.c09, musicvideoview.idMVideo, actors.strActor from musicvideoview join artistlinkmusicvideo on artistlinkmusicvideo.idMVideo = musicvideoview.idMVideo join actors on actors.idActor = artistlinkmusicvideo.idArtist WHERE artistlinkmusicvideo.idArtist = 2 GROUP BY musicvideoview.c09

Gotham:
Code:
12:44:45 T:6232   DEBUG: CVideoDatabase::RunQuery took 1 ms for 12 items query: select musicvideoview.c09, musicvideoview.idMVideo, actors.strActor from musicvideoview join artistlinkmusicvideo on artistlinkmusicvideo.idMVideo = musicvideoview.idMVideo join actors on actors.idActor = artistlinkmusicvideo.idArtist GROUP BY musicvideoview.c09

It seems like the "WHERE" clause in the Frodo version is what we need?

scott s.
There's already a bugticket for this, http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14333
(2014-01-24, 02:04)sialivi Wrote: There's already a bugticket for this, http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/14333

Thanks, added a comment on your ticket so devs see it isn't a "onesie".

scott s.
14333 is confirmed fixed in 13 20140202 nightly.

scott s.
Confirm artist grouping is working as expected.

However, it still does not filter a smart playlist for one genre (or path) that is grouped by artist. All artists are still shown. The albums for each artist is shown correctly, but the list of artists is not filtered.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
GOTHAM musicvideo artist view problem0