sound not right for HD 5.1 channels
I have the cmyth pvr plugin installed and working. Sound is fine on all of the channels except for the HD broadcast stations. The sound says Dolby Digital 5.1. If I go into the sound settings, I see it says Unknown-AC3 5.1. The foreground speaking is very soft and the background is a little louder. On some of the HD channels, there is also an Unknown-AC3 Stereo. If I try that, I hear nothing at all. Is there a setting off somewhere? The other stations that are not HD sound fine and they show as Unknown AC3 Stereo. The sound is fine on HD or SD in mythtv.

I am just using my stereo speakers on my computer.

I am using xbmc 13.0-alpha11-dmo3 from deb-multimedia and mythtv 0.27.0+fixes20131218-dmo1 from deb-multimedia.
Youre using Debian right?
Yes, I am using Debian testing/jessie.
Yeah - they compile with external ffmpeg - nobody knows which ffmpeg options they have chosen. Reproduce with our sources.
First decide what functions / features you expect from a system. Then decide for the hardware. Don't waste your money on crap.
I am running a Debian system but using XBMC and mythtv from deb-multimedia. Is deb-multimedia who you meant by "they" or Debian?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
sound not right for HD 5.1 channels0