Solved Crashes quite often
Information 
Feature request: More stable XBMC on ATV2

Quite often the ATV2 reboots in the middle of a movie, or when I browse around in the menu, for no apparent reason. I run a lightweight skin (Quartz) and have installed very few addons to save the sparse resources of this magic box. Is this unstability something I have to live with, or will there come updates that controls e.g. memory management better, or remove any bugs that causes this?

Im crossing my fingers for Gotham, I will install it once the beta is released Smile
The Real Skimshady
I've been using nightly builds (wiki) on my ATV2 and it is very stable once again. Lots of stuff that got fixed and improved for Gotham have made the ATV2 shine again.
Glad to hear that Big Grin Thanks to all of you for putting in time and effort!
The Real Skimshady
Well, I'm on Gotham beta2 now, and still experiencing periodic crashes on my ATV2. It seems like memory leaks, because the system feels more sluggish and unstable after I have watched a few movies or episodes of a show. Right after a reboot it is perceived as rock solid. I have reported in a few debug logs right after a few of the crashes to help the team weeding out specific problems. Can I expect Gotham to get better when it is released in a stable version?
The Real Skimshady
Not like it looks now (noone has time to dig into atv2/ios specific things till gotham release + those oom crashes are not debuggable on atv2 which makes it even worse).

I for myself use the atv2 for livetv on a daily base which doesn't expose any crashing (like 4hours in a row - letting livetv play). This indicates that it only happens when watching HD movies (which use the HW decoder). Would be good to know if the problem exists when watching non h.264 content which doesn't use the HW decoder (like livetv here Wink ).
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Ok, thanks, I will try with a non-h.264 HD movie and see how it behaves Smile
The Real Skimshady
The issue is discussed in this thread:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=193958

I'm setting it to 'Solved issue' due to abovementioned reference....
The Real Skimshady

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crashes quite often0