Play second part of stacked movie
Hi there. Been using XBMC for a long time, first on a gen one xbox and now on an HTPC. One thing that I can't figure out, and I am hoping for some help, is how to play the second part of a stacked DVD set. Tonight we were watching LOTR The 2 Towers extended, and it shows there are 2 movies, but only plays the first disc. All of my movies are stored as .iso files on a remote drive. The two ISO files are stored in the same folder with one being named part 1.iso and the second one is part2.iso. I cannot, for the life of me, figure out how to play part 2. Please help!

I am running xbmc 12.2 with the Aeon Nox skin.

Thanks so much.
I'm not an expert, but I've read the wiki entry on File Stacking and I understand some of it. However, I'm assuming here that ISO's are included as part of the stacking (can't see why not).

It's highly dependent on how the file is named. I know you said part1.iso and part2.iso in the same directory, but maybe it's the rest of the file name that's causing the issue. Everything has to be the same expect the "part1" bits. The stacking rules in the wiki entry explains it well enough.

Do you have movie sets enabled? If so, and you renamed your ISO files after you had them already scanned in, you may have to remove them, clean the library and rescan them back. I seem to recall the movie set collection only happening on the initial scrape into the library.
HP Stream Mini w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Toshiba 37"
Intel NUC8i3BEH w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> LG OLED55C3PUA -> S/PDIF -> Sony HT-CT80
Dell Optiplex 7050 Micro w/Libreelec -> HDMI -> Yamaha RX-V467 -> HDMI -> Toshiba 47L7200U
I too suspect that .iso files are simply not supported for stacking but can you paste the exact filenames of both files so we can at least rule out that there's not an issue with the naming?

There's also a manual way to play a specific part by pressing 'c' when having the movie highlighted in the list and then pick "Play part..." from the context menu.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Play second part of stacked movie0