Req XBMC rPi - Change output audio source
@popcornmix is this patch for HifiBerry going to be integrated into the master XBMC at some point?
(2014-03-10, 13:22)luksol Wrote: Very good news. Does it work in omxplayer or dvdplayer?

dvdplayer and paplayer. Not omxplayer.
(2014-03-13, 08:58)spookybathtub Wrote: @popcornmix is this patch for HifiBerry going to be integrated into the master XBMC at some point?

Gotham has been frozen for some time, so not until Gotham is released. Hopefully after that.
(There will be Gotham test builds that include the patches).
(2014-03-11, 14:19)ocpts Wrote: Is it possible to use different soundcards/settings for the audio and video player?
I want to use the hifiberry for audio playback and multichannel via HDMI for video...

I don't believe xbmc can support that, so that would need an xbmc feature request.

If all your video files were AC3/DTS, then you can specify HDMI as the passthrough device and HifiBerry as non-passthrough and it would do something close to what you want.
would USB DACs also work in similar way as hifiberry?
(2014-03-13, 18:15)luksol Wrote: would USB DACs also work in similar way as hifiberry?

In theory USB cards should be supported by this build, but I2S cards have less overhead (the samples are DMA'd to the I2S port and require little CPU).
USB requires more processor involvement.

The work ongoing in this post will likely help USB audio devices:
http://www.raspberrypi.org/forum/viewtop...28&t=70437

It's not quite there yet, but there's some promising results for USB audio.
(2014-03-13, 18:01)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-11, 14:19)ocpts Wrote: Is it possible to use different soundcards/settings for the audio and video player?
I want to use the hifiberry for audio playback and multichannel via HDMI for video...

I don't believe xbmc can support that, so that would need an xbmc feature request.

If all your video files were AC3/DTS, then you can specify HDMI as the passthrough device and HifiBerry as non-passthrough and it would do something close to what you want.

To answer my own question: It works! Without doing anything fancy... I just configured omxplayer as videoplayer and now I get multichannel sound via HDMI for videos and music is played via the hifiberry.
XBMC hangs up when i using Millhouse build or Raspbmc with my DAC.
It happend when i'm trying to switch to my DAC using XBMC config section.
But in RaspyFi and Raspbian+MPD it works great!
(2014-03-08, 23:09)popcornmix Wrote:
(2014-03-07, 16:22)luksol Wrote: Does it work with hifiberry Digi and DTC/AC3 5.1 output?

No, but this should support HifiBerry DAC and HifiBerry Digi:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...a2f22b.tar

Thanks a lot for the image. The HifiBerry DAC works fine for me as well :-)

Could you please share the set of patches you applied to build the image and the id of the commit?

(2014-03-17, 14:46)ocpts Wrote:
(2014-03-13, 18:01)popcornmix Wrote:

To answer my own question: It works! Without doing anything fancy... I just configured omxplayer as videoplayer and now I get multichannel sound via HDMI for videos and music is played via the hifiberry.

This trick worked for me as well. However, I'm afraid the audio is not bitperfect. Are you using any special setting in advancesettings.xml?

BTW, I'm currently using the default player for the video, and mpd for the music (I built the mpd unofficial addon for arm). Seems to sound very well.
Hallo,
just got my hifiberry dac and wanted to pimp up my openelec-rpi via updating Frodo stable manually.
I tried the builds referred in this thread and the latest devel-builds too.
Hifiberry-dac works nice both playing mkv-vids or flac-files from nfs nas.
The only issue i have with all these builds is, that video playback stutters every few seconds.

Do you have the same issue too? Are there any ideas?

Thank you
(2014-02-28, 22:08)spookybathtub Wrote: I've selected the audio output in XBMC as "ALSA: Default (snd_rpi_hifiberry_dac Analog)" but the sound still comes through HDMI only. I've tied turning dual audio output on and off.
On the other hand, speaker-test plays audio through the HiFiBerry.

@spookybathtub: did you manage getting your problem solved? I'm facing the same issue and running out of options here.
spookybathtub Wrote:I'm using the Milhouse test builds of OpenElec now and HiFiBerry works fine. I wish I could have simultaneous HDMI audio, but it seems like Milhouse doesn't care about that.

Thanks! I have used the latest build of milhouse yesterday (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140407164204-r18103-g477cc62.tar), that worked but...... it does not support other media like video. I like to have it both working. Any suggestion?
(2014-04-08, 20:02)HiPidelity Wrote: Thanks! I have used the latest build of milhouse yesterday (OpenELEC-RPi.arm-Milhouse-20140407164204-r18103-g477cc62.tar), that worked but...... it does not support other media like video. I like to have it both working. Any suggestion?

You need to change video player to dvdplayer in advancedsettings.xml.
@popcornmix. Nice work. Thanks.

tl;dr The i2s bus is sending out 32bit data but not initialising the data so it sounds like noise when 16bit audio is played.

I am using your build https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/3669...fc6264.tar with paplayer for audio. I am using an ESS 9008 24 bit dac instead of the hifiberry. When I play a 16bit sound file full of silence on high amplification I hear lots of white noise. If I use a 24bit flac file I get pure silence, which is good and expected. I used a BusPirate to see that there are 32bits on the i2s bus but I can't read them with my hardware. I expect that the lowest 16 bits are not being initialised properly and end up with random data in them. The i2s control seems to be stuck on 32bits out of the pi. I didn't get anywhere trying to force alsa to 24bits in the asoundrc file. Any ideas?
Sorry, the I2S drivers were a pull request and I don't really have any knowledge of them.
You may want to contact koalo here: https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/pull/444

What word width does xbmc.log show the ASLA sink is being opened as?

We did find 24-bit support was broken, and at koalo's suggestion we stopped reporting it in driver:
https://github.com/raspberrypi/linux/com...b68b327580

Perhaps you need something similar.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC rPi - Change output audio source1