how to disable auto load xbmc
Question 
Hi I have a Gbox mx2 and I recently enabled the autoload of xbmc when starting up the box. Now if I try to exit out of xbmc it closes the app and then takes me right back to the main menu of xbmc... Ideally i would like to leave the auto load of xbmc on but i really need to have a way of getting back to the main menu of Android... HELP!
I don't really understand your question, but if you want to get back to android press the home button.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Did you just install an Android app to auto-open XBMC or did you update a firmware to the box in order to boot up into XBMC? You might have replaced the Android firmware with a Linux firmware, which means there's no longer an Android to exit back into. You can go back to an Android-based install by flashing a Android firmware back. freaktab.com and various other sites have Android ROMs for the MX boxes.
(2014-01-26, 01:14)Samu-rai Wrote: I don't really understand your question, but if you want to get back to android press the home button.

It doesn't work. When i hit the home button it just reboots XBMC.

(2014-01-26, 04:20)Ned Scott Wrote: Did you just install an Android app to auto-open XBMC or did you update a firmware to the box in order to boot up into XBMC? You might have replaced the Android firmware with a Linux firmware, which means there's no longer an Android to exit back into. You can go back to an Android-based install by flashing a Android firmware back. freaktab.com and various other sites have Android ROMs for the MX boxes.

It was initially running android 4.2.x. Every time I turned on the device I had the choice to

Launch: 3D (special UI of android) | Launcher (regular android OS home menu) | auto load XBMC

I selected auto load XBMC and since then I can't get out of the application. Even when going manually to the power button on xbmc and clicking "exit"... it just reboots xbmc... I was asuming that re-installing the firmware of the gbox was one of my choices but i was wondering if there is any other shortcut or maybe key that could take me back to the android OS main menu...
That's weird. You must have a custom firmware installed.

A cool one at that!

I agree with Ned, reflash to a regular version.
My fanart.tv & themoviedb.org accounts.

Those are non-official XBMC versions that include the possibility to make XBMC the system launcher.
As it is the launcher, pressing "Home", i.e. return to launcher, or exiting just do nothing or relaunch xbmc.

If you don't actually want xbmc to be the launcher, select "3D" or "Launcher" at startup, and use another app that auto-load xbmc but keeps a "real" launcher.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r020Jv4ordY

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
how to disable auto load xbmc0