Pet peeve of the day
Here's to reviving a 7 year old thread... http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid...pid1611133

Fits this threads topic rather well.

<br />

My pet peeves for today...

<insert person name here> is posting essentially duplicated threads on various forums (e.g. Linux/Windows) for same issues and thinking XBMC is to blame when clearly its PEBCAK.

<insert person name here> Never posting a Debug log (wiki) or other supporting information, even when this have been asked repeatedly.

<insert person name here> Ignoring the Obvious solution when it has been repeated various times by various ppl in some detail.

<insert person name here> Keeps blaming XBMC 12.3 for all the problems under the sun and keeps opening new threads to tell us this in various manners for e.g especially claiming that XBMC 12.2 never had such a problem.

[1] Never reading one word in Op's posts! -> [2] Posting some random reply which is totally unrelated.... And better yet, [3] accusing others of providing bad advice when <insert person> done [1 and 2] <<-- Double down of WTF

<insert person name here> stating has been a IT Professional for <Insert ridiculous amount of years>.. Further and by content of posts <insert person name here> cant clearly use a computer. (in this case even search internet and is peeved he cant downgrade xbmc.
My pet peeve of the day: people that post three times in a row instead of editing their post.

Wink
I can be guilty of that :runsaway: Sad
My pet peeve of, well, since joining the forum 6 years ago: The all too common misspelling of scraper/scraping as scrapper/scrapping. There should be an auto correction of all posts before adding them to the database Wink
(2014-01-27, 22:05)sialivi Wrote: My pet peeve of, well, since joining the forum 6 years ago: The all too common misspelling of scraper/scraping as scrapper/scrapping. There should be an auto correction of all posts before adding them to the database Wink
Yes yes yes, that's the peeve for today, definitely.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
A peeve is a peeve I suppose, not being native English speaker its easy to fall into common errors such as those little scrappers (I have $1 on the winner and $2 on the whinner), other peeves are with the use of your and your're, or the word use of the word dude, internet things like lol < though that is imperial fighter CLEARLY Wink whooohooo \o/

Ah ya I have another peeve, his name is Steve, says would come around to pay me money and never turned up.
Peeve for tomorrow...is people who....think that they ........ have to add ....... multiple .. fullstops randomly ..... perhaps they do it......to simulate a stream ....... of consciousness...

(Yes I know what an ellipsis is, but the multiple .....ers don't!)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
hahaha... You dont get it...... its buffering.... Wink
brain ... buffering ...
"Please do my thinking for me, because I'm too busy/important/lazy <delete as appropriate> to read a couple of threads here. Not even the stickies."

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=185409
* un1versal does a backflip on that pet peeve... Smile

My pet peeve for today is generalization of when ideas diverging from own, irrespective of merit and full validity and practical usability, get ridiculed and made parody. Which everyone is a little guilty of Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Pet peeve of the day1