"Set Content" in XML config
Hey y'all,

Is it possible to configure which scraper a source uses via the XML config files? This wiki article talks about changing the scraper with "Set Content" by pressing "c" when in the GUI - but I'd rather set it manually in my config (which is under source control).

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...d_scanning

Thoughts?

Thanks!
mafro
You can set it in a database export (to single XML file) but that's it.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Thanks for the reply.

So is it stored in some binary file somewhere? Is that why I can't set it in XML, and must do it via the GUI?
It's stored in the database.
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

I know this is an old thread but I have found that Set Content has frequent problems... across multiple versions I've had Kodi "forget" the assignment I've done and I have to set it up again... this happens about 5-6 times a year.

Would be nice if we could set this in Sources.XML ... which seems logical. Then upon loading, Kodi will overwrite what is in the database to ensure we don't have issues
I'm not an expert but I play one at work.
I think it would be easier to identify the real issue and fix that instead. Something like what you've described won't work with shared profiles, MySQL, and probably some other situations as well.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
"Set Content" in XML config0