Heavy pixelation on moving objects
Hello

I am currently using my mac mini 2011 with maverics as media center with XBMC and plan to use it as my main source for movies.

I have made a lot of blueray rips and put them on my NAS but i am experiencing heavy pixelation on moving objects and i cannot seem get rid of it.

I read that there has been quite a lot of trouble with xbmc and maverics so i am consideren to revert back to mountain lion to see if it solves the issue. But before i do that i would like to hear if i am the only one experiencing this.

Thanks

I forgot to add that i have tried to copy the movie to an extarnal drive and play it with xbmc on my windows PC. It is a bit stronger computer with i7 processor and 8GB ram versus the i5 and 4 gigs of ram in my mac. Here everything ran very smoothly and with no artifacts
I believe I'm on the same settings as you. Mac Mini 2011 with Radeon HD 6630M GFX, Mavericks (10.9.1) and I'm using one of the gotham nightlies ... XBMC 12.3Git20131212-9ed3e58 (Compiled Dec 23 2013).

No issues with Bluray images (either m2ts or BDMV files), accessing them from my NAS.
(2014-01-27, 17:26)jasondefaoite Wrote: I believe I'm on the same settings as you. Mac Mini 2011 with Radeon HD 6630M GFX, Mavericks (10.9.1) and I'm using one of the gotham nightlies ... XBMC 12.3Git20131212-9ed3e58 (Compiled Dec 23 2013).

No issues with Bluray images (either m2ts or BDMV files), accessing them from my NAS.

Mine is with Intel HD Graphics 3000 graphics - could that be the culprit? I will give a new nightly a try and then i will try and revert back to OSX Mountain lion to see if that helps
i have found this post at it looks very similar to what is happening here.

http://www.makemkv.com/forum2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=5766

However, as suggested in this post to leave the VDADecoder acceleration disabled in XBMC - it does not solve my issue :-(

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Heavy pixelation on moving objects0