OS X Can't install XBMC
I have downloaded no less than 25 32bit versions of XBMC in the past week and tried to install them all on my Mac mini running 10.6.8 SL (late 2006) 1.66Ghz core duo with 2Gb of ram. I have done hours of research and found many people saying they have it installed and working but I cannot get it to work. The only version that worked on install was XBMC Eden version 11 and it won't allow me to install any add-ons. It just keeps saying dependencies not met. If I missed anything I apologize I'm at work trying to get this done, and I did read the directions at the beginning of the forum so I hope I gave all the info that was asked. I saw the post about can't install with mavericks10.9 but that didn't apply to me as far as I could tell. I have no gatekeeper.
Maybe you could give a little more info. Do you mean that you can't copy the app to your applications folder? Are you upgrading from a previous version or is this a new install?
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
sorry yes I am installing for the first time and all it does is bounce a few times and disappear after it is put in app folder and clicked on!
After you installed Eden did you delete the old app and the support files? ~/Library/Application Support/XBMC

Not sure but I would try deleting both and then re-install from the download.
ASUS Chromebox M004U (LibreELEC 8.2/Aeon Nox SiLVO)--->HDMI--->Onkyo TX-NR646--->HDMI--->Panasonic P65VT30
NO.I left the old app right where it was every time I tried re-installing a version of xbmc and I just replace it with the new version or in my case old version b/c I started with frodo 12.3 and worked my way backwards trying every version down to eden where I thought okay heres something at least then the ever lovely DEPENDENCIES NOT MET message every time I tried installing add-ons.
So nothing is displayed when you try to open XBMC? No crash message or anything?
Nothing it just dissappears
doesn't osx have a terminal? can you start applications from there? you may get some feedback.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Okay I'll try and figure out how to do that b/c I have no idea this is my first mac.
Okay here is my update to this thread I went to the genius bar and had them wipe my mac mini clean and re install snow leopard completely updated to 10.6.8. It runs awesome and xbmc is installed flawlessly. My IR sensor was bad, so I replaced it and now everything is running excellent. I suggest to everyone, that if you have a genius bar near you and you have an old mac mini get all of your important stuff off of it and bring it in and tell them you need them to run diagnostics and to completely update your OS X, they will be happy to do this free of charge for you. They will also tell you when it was made, bought and if you aren't the 1st owner if it has any problems in the past or I should say if its been brought in to be serviced for issues. I was reluctant to do this b/c I am a do it your self, figure it out on your person. I believe you will learn more this way and be a better researcher/DIYer, but I found that whatever thier version of 10.6.8 is is way better and has more software on it than the one I bought so I say go get the good stuff from the source!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Can't install XBMC0