How does XBMC handle a changed file path?
I want to reorganize all of my media. Got 2 Hard Drives but both are close to full. I want to move all of my Anime to a new 3rd HD. How will XBMC handle the changed filepath? Will it see it as new data and thus I'll lose my Watched Status/Playcounts? Or will it keep all of that?

I also want to change the Movie Folder name of a lot of my Movies and am not sure how XBMC will handle the Watched Status/Etc. with that as well.

Want to make all of my Movie Folder name's very neat. Right now the whole thing is a mess and there are Movie's that don't show up, and Box Set movies that are all in one folder that XBMC won't read, folder is just a mess. Want to clean it up!
Export your library to separate files and add this to your advanced settings XML so you can remove the old database and start over with all your statuses intact.

Code:
<advancedsettings>
    <videolibrary>
        <importwatchedstate>true</importwatchedstate>
    </videolibrary>
</advancedsettings>
So I can't just use the "update" library function or something after I export my library to separate files?

And does exporting my library to separate files, is that what creates nfo files?
You'll end up with double entries.

It'll create NFO files along with all your artwork.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
How does XBMC handle a changed file path?0